Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to check if my pump is still working, it's a myson pump with a hexagonal screw in the centre, do I take the whole screw out as shown in most videos & is there a smaller screw behind it? I've bled the water that was in there but only one radiator is getting luke warm and that's the closest to the system. Any advice appreciated

20181214_130103.jpg

That screw just loosens anti clockwise and will not come out.
You just fully loosen it and pull it out and then it locks internally into the pump spindle and you can turn it to see if pump isn’t seized.
There will be some water as it is also a bleeding point.
(Other brands and types of pumps are different and the screw in them is only a cover for to vent or remove to see spindle)

Often the impeller can become detached and the pump might appear to be working but in fact there will be no flow. To check switch all Controls to call for heat, boiler should fire, see if flow to pump, usually the return gets hot. If not pump is u/s. Wait till Monday to get one as the sheds charge the earth .
It’s n easy swap....report back
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock