Discuss Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to check if my pump is still working, it's a myson pump with a hexagonal screw in the centre, do I take the whole screw out as shown in most videos & is there a smaller screw behind it? I've bled the water that was in there but only one radiator is getting luke warm and that's the closest to the system. Any advice appreciated

20181214_130103.jpg

No just loosen it put a container or towel under there it may weep a bit dont take it right out . Kop

That screw just loosens anti clockwise and will not come out.
You just fully loosen it and pull it out and then it locks internally into the pump spindle and you can turn it to see if pump isn’t seized.
There will be some water as it is also a bleeding point.
(Other brands and types of pumps are different and the screw in them is only a cover for to vent or remove to see spindle)

Often the impeller can become detached and the pump might appear to be working but in fact there will be no flow. To check switch all Controls to call for heat, boiler should fire, see if flow to pump, usually the return gets hot. If not pump is u/s. Wait till Monday to get one as the sheds charge the earth .
It’s n easy swap....report back
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back