Discuss Boiler pressure fill key/valve making a strange noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I noticed today that the pressure on my boiler is in the red on the gauge. The boiler is a Worcester 532/i.
I've followed all the instructions for upping the pressure with the fill key but when I turn the smaller valve to let the water in the pressure doesn't move and the valve makes a strange noise. It's almost like a squeaking noise.

Not sure what to do next. For all I know this could be normal and I just need to open the valve more but I don't want to risk over pressuring anything in case it's the gauge that's faulty!!

Hopefully I haven't hashed the explanation too much but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Open it further, you'll hear the water speed up and the gauge should rise

You sir, are a fine fellow! As far as I'm aware there's no emoji to depict someone feeling like a wuss for getting scared of noises so instead here's the bum that I feel like.

:asshole:

Thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler pressure fill key/valve making a strange noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock