Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure fill key/valve making a strange noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I noticed today that the pressure on my boiler is in the red on the gauge. The boiler is a Worcester 532/i.
I've followed all the instructions for upping the pressure with the fill key but when I turn the smaller valve to let the water in the pressure doesn't move and the valve makes a strange noise. It's almost like a squeaking noise.

Not sure what to do next. For all I know this could be normal and I just need to open the valve more but I don't want to risk over pressuring anything in case it's the gauge that's faulty!!

Hopefully I haven't hashed the explanation too much but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Open it further, you'll hear the water speed up and the gauge should rise

You sir, are a fine fellow! As far as I'm aware there's no emoji to depict someone feeling like a wuss for getting scared of noises so instead here's the bum that I feel like.

:asshole:

Thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler pressure fill key/valve making a strange noise. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock