Discuss boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldieone

I've just had my hot water tank which is driven by an old Ideal RE80N boiler in a Y system replaced by a plumber. I now have a problem that when I run the boiler after about 3 mins running with the rads getting hot the boiler closes down and even the pilot light goes out because the button you hold down to start it clicks up.

Any ideas?

Oldieone

I've just had my hot water tank which is driven by an old Ideal RE80N boiler in a Y system replaced by a plumber. I now have a problem that when I run the boiler after about 3 mins running with the rads getting hot the boiler closes down and even the pilot light goes out because the button you hold down to start it clicks up.

Any ideas?

Oldieone

Have you asked your plumber to investigate, he may have made a mistake.

mountainman;524163]Have you asked your plumber to investigate, he may have made a mistake.

As he charged me ÂŁ745 just to change the Tank I hoped I would be able to check before getting him as my pension isn't that high.

Are the pipes from the boiler to the cylinder getting hot at the cylinder?

What exactly did you have done? Was it a like for like cylinder change? Or is there more to it than that?

SimonG;524165]Are the pipes from the boiler to the cylinder getting hot at the cylinder?

Hi Simon both get hot. The feed a lot more than the return. I thought it may be air but I have bled everything I can find. The return now has a Magnaclean Pro canister on and it the gets warm also.

mountainman;524163]Have you asked your plumber to investigate, he may have made a mistake.

As he charged me ÂŁ745 just to change the Tank I hoped I would be able to check before getting him as my pension isn't that high.
im in london and thats still a great price

APPlumbing;524166]What exactly did you have done? Was it a like for like cylinder change? Or is there more to it than that?

He put in a new hot water tank but had to put new pipes in as the old ones wouldn't fit the new tank. He fitted a new ball in the F&E tank as the old one wasn't cutting the water off and he fitted the Magnaclean unit and put in inhibitor. Of course her fully drained the system before he started and filled it up with all radiators open at the end but said he couldn't run it because the 3 port switch wasn't operating but that wasn't covered under changing the tank and would cost another ÂŁ450.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock