Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler always on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BobK

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have an issue with my Ariston CLAS HE boiler. When both heating and hot water are set to off the boiler is still active and fires on for a few seconds till the temperature indicates 79 degrees or so (pump not running). The burner then goes off and the temperature slowly (30 seconds or so) reduces till it gets to 69 degrees when the burner fires on again. This goes on for ever and does not seem correct. What can I do?

Get a gas safe engineer out mate maybe someone on the forum is near you [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Problem is that I had a British Gas engineer out to it on Friday for a few hours and all seemed to be well but now it is back to what it was doing before.

The best thing you can do is turn the boiler off at the power supply.

Call BG and get the engineer back.

If the pump is not running you could do irreparable damage to the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler always on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock