Search the forum,

Discuss Bleeding the radiator - hissing air, but no water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helpneeded222

Hi,

So one of my radiators doesn't get hot at the top. I tried bleeding it, but after the hissing stops, there is no water.

Could anyone tell me why this is? And what do I need to do to rectify this problem?

Thank you

What boiler do you have

Have you topped the pressure up on boiler to 1bar

I don't know a lot about it. But on it it says: Worcester 24CDI - if that means anything to you?

yeah pressurised system, you need to have a special worcester key to top up the pressure on that boiler

But if that was the case. How comes it doesn't affect the rest of the radiators?

Is your heating still working after the hissing stops or do you have to top up the water pressure ?

simon, its probably wont have a braided hose as its an integral fill loop on this boiler and theres a key that slots into it while you unscrew a grey knob, the others all work as they are obviously full, the boiler will operate alot better if kept up to correct pressure.

Hi,

So one of my radiators doesn't get hot at the top. I tried bleeding it, but after the hissing stops, there is no water.

Could anyone tell me why this is? And what do I need to do to rectify this problem?

Thank you[/QUOTEshut valves ,empty radiator,take of wall and blast it through with hose pipe, before putting back on get your dishes bowl and open valves see how they react,

Hi,

Thank you[/QUOTEshut valves ,empty radiator,take of wall and blast it through with hose pipe, before putting back on get your dishes bowl and open valves see how they react,

Not trying to cause an argument but why do you suggest flushing the rad if it's getting hot at the bottem?

So I've just tried to refill the tank with that key thing. But nothing seems to happen when I turn the little grey screw, can't hear any sound of water rushing, and the dial doesn't move. Maybe the screw thing is broken? because it doesn't seem to tighten or loosen :/

Thanks for the replies btw!

sometimes they slip n the white plastic bit it pushes on to, try taking it off and turning it with pliers, be carefull though if you leave it on or dont shut it back off fast enough you could need a new prv.

no of corse i dont no everything, far from it but most people know the answer to this even if they are not in the trade.

no of corse i dont no everything, far from it but most people know the answer to this even if they are not in the trade.

I would have to disagree with you on that one, some customers have no idea and indeed do not want to know how the system works!! I have even had one customer who was supprised when I vented a rad that water came out as she thought the heating was gas!!!
I also have another customer that has no desire to understand his system and is more than happy to call me to come and look at anything he percives to be a problem, I have on a couple of occasions tryed to explain basic stuff to him but he just sort of switches off!!

I would have to disagree with you on that one, some customers have no idea and indeed do not want to know how the system works!! I have even had one customer who was supprised when I vented a rad that water came out as she thought the heating was gas!!!
I also have another customer that has no desire to understand his system and is more than happy to call me to come and look at anything he percives to be a problem, I have on a couple of occasions tryed to explain basic stuff to him but he just sort of switches off!!
I have a customer that calls me every year to turn the thermostat up. then while your hear can you just!!!
Never listen to the customer

My sparky mate has a twice yearly appointment with one customer, change the time on the programer, for costly sum of a packet of ****!!! (might a 10 pack these days)

My sparky mate has a twice yearly appointment with one customer, change the time on the programer, for costly sum of a packet of ****!!! (might a 10 pack these days)

Thats how they come and you have to keep the sweet.
Look after those who look after you is what I was taught, especially the old ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding the radiator - hissing air, but no water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock