Search the forum,

Discuss black alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
HI - me again!!!

At the same property as my previous post there is a leaking compression joint on black plastic to copper connection on a pipe in an outside toilet.

The OD of the black pipe is approx 22mm (21.7mm - 1/2" pipe???) - Would this accept a standard 22mm compression fitting if i were to replace it.??

Thanks

MJT

I think you need a sort of adaptor but I have seen them done with compression fittings with loads of ptfe tape.

hmmm maybe one of those universal coupler types that philmac do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to black alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Pinhole in Black Alkathene 17.5 3/8" under concrete driveway. Hello, we have managed to 'dink' the mains water supply to our house, during some excavations for a drain. And we are hoping for some advice on the best way to proceed. The leak is only a pinhole, but after a few days it has escaped...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I have a cold mains in that is a black flexible rubber looking pipe. Please see photo 1. It is currently connected to a 22mm stopcock. I’d like to send it 90 deg to the right. This is so I can lower the shelf above it and have the mains come in at a more convenient place. See photo 2 (with...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock