Search the forum,

Discuss best system for a 8 showers and 1 kitchen??? HELP PLEASE !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksklondon

Hi Gentleman,

Need some expert advice on the most economical (£) and sufficient system for a domestic set up to a house with the following requirements:-
12 radiators, (most rads are double convector and 1000mm X 600mm)
8 towel rads.
8 showers with 8 basins
1 kitchen
The 8 showers at times may all be running at once so I need to design in for this possibility.
The constraints I have are:-
Mains gas 28mm
Mains water pressure of around 4 bar with blue poly pipe 32mm
An area of 1.6m X 1m to fit everything into.
I can run all new pipe work as required and have already taken the 32mm mains water to the loft and made a manifold with 9 outlets taking 22mm copper to each shower room and kitchen
Any guidance on the best set up will be greatly appreciated.
I don’t want to get it wrong and want to ensure good flow in all showers. Please advice on the most economical set up without compromise on quality too much.

Many thanks ;)

8 electric showers, if incoming cable is of suitable size

apart from that you need a plant room min size 2.5x 2.5 floor space for 2 unvented cylinder and boiler plus pipework and controls. IMO

Not a chance, small footprint solutions would require high heat input, (plate heAt exchanger or high recovery cylinder) low input solutions require more space to store the volume to keep up with demand.

iv got a 100 amp meter and 25mm meter tails?

If 8kw showers 34 amps x 8 = 272 you would need at least 300+++++ amps with the rest of the house to concider

Running all at the same time, you are up a certain creek without a paddle

Is there room for unvented tanks in the loft and possibly an accumulator to go with them? You will need a large store of water for sure, even vented hot water tanks and booster pumps could work, if you fitted a breaker tank on the mains coming in aswell so you get balanced pressures. If there isnt room in the loft, then I cant think of anything that will work that could fit in the space you have stated.

One of these sized appropriately, and decent sized boiler won't be far off in terms of size. Would likely need a larger gas meter and line though

This is a Domestic House!!!
I've seen smaller systems in guest houses.

It could be done but I think your pushing your luck hoping for a free design service:clover:

i'd go for unvented tanks supplied by a break tank in the loft or out-building.

If you need anythink more specific, then you'll need someone to come out and have a look. Where abouts is the job maybe someone from the forum can help.

Last edited:
jobs in feltham, 10 mins from heathrow. dont need massive flow rates in the showers. just them them sufficient. ;)

I'm going to heathrow tomorrow (hoiliday to Las Vegas :grin:). To bad I'll be there at 5:00am, otherwise i could have popped in and had a look.

Last edited:
Basic shower 8l/min x 8 = 64 l per min what do you get from the 32mm main?

You will proberbly need storage cisterns if the incoming main can't supply the water flow required or an accumulator, but this all takes up space which you say you don't have

Can cover Feltham if necessary. We've a big Jon running in Chiswick and could pop in for a look on Friday if that helps?

yes that would be great, can i have a number so i can cordinate a time with you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best system for a 8 showers and 1 kitchen??? HELP PLEASE !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm cable to fuse board would be really difficult at best (I've checked and on 6mm at the minute) I would like a mains shower however changing to unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock