Search the forum,

Discuss best jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjgas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
a while ago i bought a jointing compound from pts and for the life of me i cannot remember the name it was yelow and blue could anyone recomend a good jointing compound

Hawk white? But I think its utter crap, try jet blue you can't go wrong with that stuff.

1248945209.jpg

I use this stuff on rad valves ect, very good stuff. Prefer it way better than the jet blue stuff

Normally get it from BSS pipeline, it is portable. You can even use it on gas, but i havent used it on gas before just says you can. I also use Loctite instead of PTFE much better stuff, you can use loctite on barrel pipework also. But few wraps of ptfe are handy to have on the van.

loctite55_anim_o_uk_d15555i1.gif

I usually use Boss White where its not potable water, and Slic Tite for potable.

I think Boss Green is useless.

For oil I use Stag. Heldite is better but it gets all over your fingers.

Boss white for non potable. Not very keen on the potable pastes so might have to give the slic tite a go.

For oil it's heldite or rocol, depends which I grab first out of the bag.

jet blue plus from plumbs!

used to use jet blue pretty good stuff but now using sure white.

Now using JET LUBE V2 Plus. ( It may be same as Jet Blue.)
I am very impressed with it - take a look at it, - no smell, does potable, non hardening, so no waste & won't seize the compression joints on hot pipes.

Boss White is brilliant, but flawed. I used it up to now. It does seal everything & with heat, it will seal better, BUT, it hardens with lot of heat, it hardens in the plastic tub, (most is wasted) it needs stirred often & is more messy & smells.

Last edited:
I am very impressed with it - take a look at it, - no smell, does potable, non hardening, so no waste & won't seize the compression joints on hot pipes.

Boss White is brilliant, but flawed. I used it up to now. It does seal everything & with heat, it will seal better, BUT, it hardens with lot of heat, it hardens in the plastic tub, (most is wasted) it needs stirred often & is more messy & smells.

Must be just me then, I like the smell :)

Must be just me then, I like the smell :)

Must admit, - I like the smell of Boss White also!:smug: Just that a lot of people don't, & we end up with it on our hands & clothes, so probably get noticed down wind!

Think the smell is raw Linseed oil - which you can buy to revive dried Boss White.

I have never used the loctite stuff! What is it good for???????????

boss or hawk white on everything non potable yet to find anything thats good for potable the boss green is a joke doesnt stick to anything

Jet Lube lol

I've been on Loctite 55 for years now but I've moved on to Loctite 577 for threads now. 55 still gets used to form washers occasionally. If I need to put a smear of sealant on an olive or mating face it's jet blue every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock