Discuss Best combi drill at the moment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im llooking for a new combi drill for around £150 what is the best at the moment?

disregard every comment on here,and see if you can still get the Makita 458 rfe on amazon for £179 2 batts and a charger.was £333 plus vat last year.If you cannot kill yourself and donate your brain to medical science to combat stupidity

Hitachi 18V Cordless Combi Drill with 2 x 4Ah Li-Ion Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I went with this. Really impressed with the power and how long the batteries last.

• 2 x 4.0Ah Batteries weighing 0.64kgs each(33% Longer run time over previous battery).
  • Variable speed control
  • Extremely High Torque = 92Nm
  • 13mm Metal Jacobs Chuck with ratcheting lock
  • 2 Speed Gearbox
I looked at that drill, but I just wasn't sure about hitachi, I've always bought bosch tools.
good torque though and I noticed it now comes with 5ah batteries

I was introduced to Hitachi some 5 or 6 years ago when a friend of a friend was doing some rewiring of my house. He was using an old 24v Hitachi and didn't that go through the walls like they butter.
After being let down by my last AEG drill and disappointed by Dewalt I decided to give Hitachi a go.
Impressed so far.

Same as most makes hitachi make some decent tools and some not so decent tools. I've never been sure about the quality of there battery cells in recent years. I had a hitachi 24v sds drill 12years ago, it was prob the best cordless sds I've owned for different reasons and I currently own 5 other makes.

disregard every comment on here,and see if you can still get the Makita 458 rfe on amazon for £179 2 batts and a charger.was £333 plus vat last year.If you cannot kill yourself and donate your brain to medical science to combat stupidity

send the link if you can becoz i cannot find that anywhere its £179 with one battery £240 with 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best combi drill at the moment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back