Discuss Begineers Help - Make of Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeadInTheClouds

I need to replace the cold tap value for this tap.
I didn;t know however that the values are all different types.

So I can buy a new value - could someone help me identify the manufacturer and model of this tap please.

20130627_000242.jpg

Many thanks

Alex

doesn't look like one I recognise, Others on here may be able to help you out on that but if you are able to be locally isolate It I would isolate both hot and cold and take the cartridge out and down to a decent plumbers merchant they should be able to sort you out

From my experiance over the years I find just replacing the whole tap is easier as I have spent many hours emailing tap manufacturers trying to find out if I can get the cartridges.

Isolate the tap and take a cartridge out, it may have information about the manufacturers marked on it.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advise!

doesn't look like one I recognise, Others on here may be able to help you out on that but if you are able to be locally isolate It I would isolate both hot and cold and take the cartridge out and down to a decent plumbers merchant they should be able to sort you out

I tried this though no one could recognise it. The ones I spoke to recommended identifying the tap manufacturer.
I looked at lots of pictures of taps online (I never realised how many tap models there are) but couldn't work it out.
Hence this attempt :)

From my experiance over the years I find just replacing the whole tap is easier as I have spent many hours emailing tap manufacturers trying to find out if I can get the cartridges.

I am coming around to this way of thinking! If this forum gives me no answers that is next step.
I naively thought fixing this would be easy....

Isolate the tap and take a cartridge out, it may have information about the manufacturers marked on it.

This is a great idea, but when I looked there is nothing.

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Alex

I have replaced cartridges in a tap very similar to this. It was a Hansgrohe Axor Stark but I am sure I found the name on the tap itself. Check it out for yourself, I don't want to mislead you and cost you money buying the wrong item.

I have replaced cartridges in a tap very similar to this. It was a Hansgrohe Axor Stark but I am sure I found the name on the tap itself. Check it out for yourself, I don't want to mislead you and cost you money buying the wrong item.

Thank you - that looks like the exact model.

I will investigate further and update the thread with the hopefully final update for completeness.

Thanks all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Begineers Help - Make of Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock