Discuss Baxi 105he secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Can you change one of the above without taking the boiler of the wall. I've got no space on the right hand side of the boiler.

yes you can piece of cake, just buy the front cover assembly,you need 1 new oring to go into the main hex lubricate it with silicone grease

yes you can piece of cake, just buy the front cover assembly,you need 1 new oring to go into the main hex lubricate it with silicone grease

I've ordered the naked heat x , have I ordered the wrong part.

Just the naked heat x, aparantly you can buy it. Two different ways. I've ordered this one.

[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/XX-EXTRA-SPARES-all-makes/XTRA-SPARES-BAXI-BA-Baxi-Valor-OR-Broag/HEAT-EXCHANGER-ONLY-SECONDARY"]HEAT EXCHANGER ONLY SECONDARY - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the naked heat x, aparantly you can buy it. Two different ways. I've ordered this one.

[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/XX-EXTRA-SPARES-all-makes/XTRA-SPARES-BAXI-BA-Baxi-Valor-OR-Broag/HEAT-EXCHANGER-ONLY-SECONDARY"]HEAT EXCHANGER ONLY SECONDARY - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]
thats the right one

I know by asking this question I'm changing the topic but has anyone tried to clean a secondary heater exchange using industrial caustic soda ? The guy I did my training with uses that.

I know by asking this question I'm changing the topic but has anyone tried to clean a secondary heater exchange using industrial caustic soda ? The guy I did my training with uses that.
your thinking of a plate heat,the hex in this post is a condensing version,and no i would not recommend using industrial costic soda,if remnants off it get in the boiler or on your skin there will be lots of tears IMHO filling it in vinegars quite good but slow

he'll have nice clean hands then, probably quite pink, not worth the risk imho, one splash in an eye and say good bye to needing binoculars, I have used battery acid in the past but common sense now tells me its just not worth the hassle, let the custard pay and you can carry on watching 3d tv

Thanks for the advice lame. Best thing is to keep away from it then. I just thought ill just save my friend a few bob.

I was about to post a thread about a Baxi 105e. I've got a customer who talks a lot (and left me a bit confused).

His complaint was that his water is hot, cold, hot cold.

I checked it out and basically the boiler temp is rising 30,40,50,60,70...gets to 80. Switches off and then starts again.

I figured dodgy divertor valve, but when I mentioned this to the customer he said he had the diaphrams changed last year by another engineer. So now I'm thinking blocked heat exchanger. I checked the filter on the return and it was clean as a whistle. I'm pretty sure it's a circulation issue. Anyone come across this. I can hear it kettling just before it shuts off.

I couldn't hang around at this blokes place as I had an appointment with the accountant. This was last week, and I haven't been back in touch with him since!

Sorry if I've hijacked this post.

I was about to post a thread about a Baxi 105e. I've got a customer who talks a lot (and left me a bit confused).

His complaint was that his water is hot, cold, hot cold.

I checked it out and basically the boiler temp is rising 30,40,50,60,70...gets to 80. Switches off and then starts again.

I figured dodgy divertor valve, but when I mentioned this to the customer he said he had the diaphrams changed last year by another engineer. So now I'm thinking blocked heat exchanger. I checked the filter on the return and it was clean as a whistle. I'm pretty sure it's a circulation issue. Anyone come across this. I can hear it kettling just before it shuts off.

I couldn't hang around at this blokes place as I had an appointment with the accountant. This was last week, and I haven't been back in touch with him since!

Sorry if I've hijacked this post.
flow hot in dhw mode? dv or plate if not check dhw ntc resistance 11k reducing with temp

The heating had been on and the system was red hot, so couldn't tell if it was getting hot with DHW to be honest.

The NTC was reducing slowly as it cooled. I have lost my little test lead, which I cut from an old boiler, I hate trying to get the pins of the leads onto those tiny pins!

The results were fairly steady, not all over the place, or OC, so I don't think it is playing up.

Trouble is combi's aren't my main area of work. I tend to work on HO or system boilers. I've done the bloody Baxi combi appreciation course though, so you'd think I'd have half an idea!! LOL.

Did this today, bit of a squeeze but managed it. Thanks for the advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105he secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock