Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bath Fitting Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geronimo809

Hi all,

I would be much obliged if someone could provide a little advise in fitting a bath. Firstly I am not a plumber as this would be straight forward for any professional. I have purchased a Carron Acrylic bath and the cradle has two W shaped legs that fit into black plastic toggles which screw into the frame of the bath. Subsequently the cradle is screwed into the based board (which appears to be encapsulated/resined in tot eh base of the bath) with 2 - 1 & quarter inch screws. I have fitted the front legs near the waste outlet, however when fitting the back legs they sit too high to secure them into the base board? Do I have to cut the aluminium legs down (but then there will be no hole for the toggle to screw into) or should they be shorter legs?

Many thanks in advance to you all for taking the time ti read.

Kind Regards

Are you sure that you have identified the front and back legs properly?
You shouldn't need to cut anything about.

I've never had to cut them down before. Have you read the instructions or are you doing what we all do and left them in the box?

I've never had to cut them down before. Have you read the instructions or are you doing what we all do and left them in the box?

Both cradle arms are identical, no difference what so ever. The instructions just say:

'fit toggles on cradle ends. Locate cradles on bath and secure toggles to frame with 3 quarter in ch screw (as provided).

Secure cross members of cradle to base board using 1 and a quarter inch screw as provided. Locate centre foot bracket as indicated using 3 quarter inch screw'.

I assume they should be different in height?

Hello Geronimo,
will the legs not simply push into the supports to the required point then secure the self tapping screws?

Hello Geronimo,
will the legs not simply push into the supports to the required point then secure the self tapping screws?

Both supports are identical with identical pre-drilled holes. When the toggles are fitted the predrilled holes align with the self tapping screw. There are no other holes to adjust the depth in which the leg fits in the toggle.

Many thanks

well there's two options either the baths wrong or your doing it wrong.

go back to the bath and take a long look at it, you must be doing something wrong even though it appears to you you're not.
i've fitted loads of the carron baths and they are one of the better ones.

go through it logically and read the instructions if youve not allready.

Normally on a bath, one leg is slightly longer than the other and will fit a particular end. Sounds like you maybe have been supplied with the wrong leg?

I've read through this twice and still can't make out what the problem is. You might need to push the frames into the plastic holders.

No need to cut anything - if you do you could land yourself in a whole heap of extra hours trying to sort things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath Fitting Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock