Discuss Banging hot water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have recently had a new bathroom fitted and ever since my hot water pipes clatter when it reaches it's temperature and shuts off the boiler. I don't believe it is due to the work that's been done but possibly due to the system being drained several times?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Please provide more details such as which type of taps andshower you have in the bathroom. Also pictures usually help.

It there issue there at a particular time ie when you run the bath taps.

Do you have this issue when you run the hot tap in the kitchen ?

Hi, sorry for being vague. When I switch my boiler on, for hot water, it fires up but when it cuts out because it's up to temp the pipes upstairs clang. Sounds like it's coming from the airing cupboard. We have Briston taps( which send a terrible hissing sound around the house) and a Mira shower connected to the mains. Hope that helps, you help me :)

Not a combi boiler, and your question might have answered my worst fear. I replaced the flooring and whilst there noticed an old rag under a pipe and removed it. Now covered with cement board and tiles!

was it clipped or floating eg you could move it about a bit

Reply to Banging hot water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back