Discuss Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rads at the mo don’t work and make a popping noise across the system

Only the ones nearest the boiler heat up

Will flushing em sort that?

dont know but doesnt sound like it all rads would be the same

normally ground floor have the more issue

Hi chaps and thanks a lot for taking the time to reply

Basically I can’t turn my heating on without turning on the hot water. Plumber thinks the valve head is stuck so will replace it, maybe even with a 2 port (can’t remember exactly what he said) and then rewire to get the independent control

Does that make sense?

The radiator flush is an attempt to get them
Working again as they are currently stone cold
You can’t turn your heating on without hot water,has this always been the case or something that’s recently happened? If you had independent control of hw & ch before then I can’t see the need for the rewire unless he’s changing it from a Y plan to an S plan.Are your radiators stone cold even when you put hw on like you said earlier to get Ch working ? Sounds to me like it’s one fault that needs fixing

It’s always been the case mate.

He’s had a go today, the new valve is on but the sparky didn’t turn up so not wired lol

Rads were really gungy inside but now the system is back on we have the same problem

Towel radiator next to cylinder red hot, next radiator quite hot then the rest really struggling to get hot at all

Also a popping sound from inside the ones that do work

System was drained and bled today too

I’m at a loss! Not paid him yet either

Could it be the pump? It’s an old one that was put on before the boiler was replaced in 2013. The boiler is not the problem it’s a wordester and is working well

:D pump

thought you said it was only 4 years old

Could you take few pictures of your set up,ideally airing cupboard/where your hw cylinder is thanks

*just to clarify,if you put CH only on does the boiler fire up an pump runs? If you put hw only on do your radiators heat up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock