Search the forum,

Discuss Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks new. When was it fitted? Also when you put the heating on by itself does the hot water light come on as well at the same time?

Ok. So excuse my bluntness but if that is the case. Then you should clearly be able to have the hot water and heating on separately. I have just read your first few posts again and you say that you have to have the water on to get heating. This would point to a faulty diverter valve. I have had new cheap diverter valves faulty straight out of the box. Did he go and get the valve or was it on his van. I would ask him how long it has been on the van also.

Ok. So excuse my bluntness but if that is the case. Then you should clearly be able to have the hot water and heating on separately. I have just read your first few posts again and you say that you have to have the water on to get heating. This would point to a faulty diverter valve. I have had new cheap diverter valves faulty straight out of the box. Did he go and get the valve or was it on his van. I would ask him how long it has been on the van also.

It's not wired so he can't tell atm

No bluntness at all mate, no worries

That new one replaced an old one that he thought was jammed or bust hence why I couldn’t get heating without the hot water being on

He put the new valve on today (flomasta) but couldn’t wire it up as his mate the sparky didn’t show unfortunately

Looking at what's been done I would be looking at using another Plumber, one who can do the wiring, (Simple wiring) what with your guys charge plus that of a sparks , get that pump & Valves replaced as well , Don't mind me asking what are you being charged for this ? and its still not working.

I haven’t paid him yet! Sad I won’t until it’s working

At the moment I have hot water but only two rads functioning (the two closest to the cylinder). The rest are mixture of cold and luke warm

Some fill pipes are scalding to touch others are cold

Think it’s a pump issue?

I haven’t paid him yet! Sad I won’t until it’s working

At the moment I have hot water but only two rads functioning (the two closest to the cylinder). The rest are mixture of cold and luke warm

Some fill pipes are scalding to touch others are cold

Think it’s a pump issue?

Just think you need to call someone in who knows what they are doing, this guy is a waste of time !

In this case I don't think so ! he's had time to sort it and the OP is still left with a system that is not working
I would call him and explain that he has 24 hours to get you a fully working system before you call someone else in.(but that’s just me)

I'm very confused ............ Thursday evening the OP asked advice about the pricing of 2 quotes ................ today, Saturday, it would seem that the work has been done and its not working

So I'm guessing the OP went with the "cheap" price!

ALWAYS be afraid if a tradesman is instantly available - especially during the winter ................

I would change the pump due to its age

Standard house 2 floors etc ?

A 15-60 pump will be fine

Grundfos ups 2
Dab
Wilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock