Search the forum,

Discuss Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if you need it now screwfix have them in stock

Just been reading your past posts, two questions, did you say that it was a Worcester Greenstar boiler? If so what model and have you got a room stat somewhere in the house? Cheers

No idea why, but Wilo Gold 50 pumps (green in colour), I have come across a few that were suddenly only partly working. Usually the top floor or first few rads heating ok.
They appeared to be perfect, so I assume the motor had lost most of its power. Tbh, I can’t remember if I always checked the rotation direction. I just replaced them and heating working.

Just been reading your past posts, two questions, did you say that it was a Worcester Greenstar boiler? If so what model and have you got a room stat somewhere in the house? Cheers

Yes mate it’s a green star rsi 24 powered by a Honeywell st9420c thermostat

I'm sure he did, but if the system has been partly/fully drained then I'm assuming he vented the heat exchanger in side the boiler after refilling? If so then the next thing I'd do is turn off any rads that are heating to see if the others push through any air. Failing that it's check/replace the pump.

Ok so the pump is making all the right noises and these noises change when I move the white thing from 1 to 2 to 3.

Currently got it on 2.

The pump is red hot to touch and one of the pipes going in is too. My radiators though are still cold

How do I know if the pump isn’t working properly when it sounds like it is?

Thanks as ever

What's the pipe coming like (temperature wise)? Is the heat passing through the heating side of the 3 port valve

I would say get the pump looked at/changed. If the impeller has sheared then you'll only be hearing the motor sound changing when moving the selector.

Ok first off can I say thanks very much to everyone for taking the time to help. Turns out the pump was bust and I now have a brand new grundfos churning out heat from these rads like I’ve never had!

Trouble is the sparky has left me in a bit of a pickle. The heating now won’t turn off! The controller is off at the wall but heating still blazing out and I also can’t get any hot water

The saga continues

Obviously I will be calling the sparky back butnin the meantime is there any way I can get the heating off and the water on?!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock