Search the forum,

Discuss "Balanced" Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
25hl5s5.jpg
Have a browse of this - Work carried out by a builder.

One of the customers on contract with my work, down in Swansea. They called Wales&West Utilities as the CO alarm was going off. They capped the gas off to the property and said to get some one in, so they called us as they were insured.

All going through the HSE now.

The picture is off Gas Engineers facebook page, but there is a different picture we had in our toolbox talk, where they had removed the bricks, and put another kitchen cupboard unit on the one there. So someone had seen it, taken a picture and not done anything about it?!

Last edited:
Speechless,

At least they removed the combustible kitchen unit and replaced it with bricks

I bet they wished they got the washing out of the machine before the acro went up

At least they removed the combustible kitchen unit and replaced it with bricks

No no, they replaced the bricks with the combustable kitchen unit.

Absolutely crazy some of the stuff people do! Some right shockers on the Facebook page, you should check it out https://www.************/gasengineersuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Balanced" Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Hello my dad had a boiler check up today and the cap on the flue above the boiler had fell off. It's potentially been like that for a long time. Was this dangerous? We have a carbon monoxide detector but that never went off. I have posted a picture below of the little cap, the engineer...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
D
I had a basin removed and my builder capped the pipes and plastered them into the cavity wall. If I want to resurrect them can I do that to plumb a washing machine into a new ‘utility’ area next to the pipes? My assumption is there will be a cold water pipe, hot water pipe and a waste pipe in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock