Discuss Basin removed but I want to use the pipes….can this be done in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

D Cole

I had a basin removed and my builder capped the pipes and plastered them into the cavity wall. If I want to resurrect them can I do that to plumb a washing machine into a new ‘utility’ area next to the pipes? My assumption is there will be a cold water pipe, hot water pipe and a waste pipe in the walls. Appreciate not much to go off but would that be possible?

You’ve got water supply, only slight difficulty is the waste. If it was a basin waste, the pipe will be slightly high for a standard stand pipe. If you don’t mind it high, carry on. Or get creative with a different trap set up.

Basin waste will be 1 1/4” whereas you want 1 1/2” for a washing machine.

I’d use the cold water pipe you have , assuming it’s mains and not fed from a tank….

But I’d put in a new waste pipe, bigger and lower.

Reply to Basin removed but I want to use the pipes….can this be done in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
A
Hi All, I have two sets of radiator pipes that need removing. Although neither set of pipes have radiators on them anymore they are both still...
Replies
Views
Adam Rifat
A
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I've just purchased a portable washing machine and want to connect it to my kitchen tap. I know I'm going to need an adapter to connect it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock