Search the forum,

Discuss Basin removed but I want to use the pipes….can this be done in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

D Cole

I had a basin removed and my builder capped the pipes and plastered them into the cavity wall. If I want to resurrect them can I do that to plumb a washing machine into a new ‘utility’ area next to the pipes? My assumption is there will be a cold water pipe, hot water pipe and a waste pipe in the walls. Appreciate not much to go off but would that be possible?

You’ve got water supply, only slight difficulty is the waste. If it was a basin waste, the pipe will be slightly high for a standard stand pipe. If you don’t mind it high, carry on. Or get creative with a different trap set up.

Basin waste will be 1 1/4” whereas you want 1 1/2” for a washing machine.

I’d use the cold water pipe you have , assuming it’s mains and not fed from a tank….

But I’d put in a new waste pipe, bigger and lower.

Reply to Basin removed but I want to use the pipes….can this be done in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock