Discuss Awful Installation pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
thought I'd post up some pictures I took of an install in here, anyone else got any they are welcome to post them up. I posted these in the private forum but thought I'd post them here for everyone to see. I had to disconnect appliance until repair is carried out, luckily they are not staying in the house at the moment.

IMAG0066.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0064.jpgIMAG0063.jpgIMAG0062.jpgIMAG0061.jpgIMAG0060.jpgIMAG0059.jpgIMAG0058.jpgIMAG0057.jpg

thought I'd post up some pictures I took of an install in here, anyone else got any they are welcome to post them up. I posted these in the private forum but thought I'd post them here for everyone to see. I had to disconnect appliance until repair is carried out, luckily they are not staying in the house at the moment.

View attachment 3549View attachment 3550View attachment 3551View attachment 3552View attachment 3553View attachment 3554View attachment 3555View attachment 3556View attachment 3557View attachment 3558

Some real shockers there... where do you start??? apart from condemning it :dead:

well it didn't take me long to convince customer to let me disconnect it anyway, I gave her the price today and repairing it next week once the floors are down.

well it didn't take me long to convince customer to let me disconnect it anyway, I gave her the price today and repairing it next week once the floors are down.
The duct tape on the flue bend was a beauty :-O

nice to see the service sticker left on the appliance. i wonder how many times it was checked and passed like that?

looks like 2, as I say its an ex rented property, guys not doing their job right doing CP12s too cheap, maybe that's why I never get any lol

what do you expect from gaselec , they havnt a clue. they did a gas cert for a neighbour of a customer and charged them £95 and left the boiler not working, they asked me to have a look at it which i did and unjammed the pump and the guy had the cheek to offer me £20 needless to say i charged him the full call out even though i was working upstairs , reason being i offered to do the GLSC £30 cheaper

think I might phone them up and explain to them what I've found, and send pictures to them.

I'm not 100% sure on the MI instructions for the ploom kit on this boiler, I wasn't even working in this property. It's probably just within the tolerances, but can you believe someone would fit this? Sorry the picture is poor.

DSC_2554.jpg

wtf this is a joke ....totally inappropriate need for this ! this looks like a revenge to a customer

No point and think how much more it cost the customer.

Someone must really hate a bit of steam.
Another thing I bet that condenses like mad in the winter.
Imagine how fast the traps filling up?

You would get nothing out of the end.

100 % against MI , can not have what looks like 9m of plum and 2x90 on it ! this is for gas safe imho

thought the whole idea of a cp12 was a landlord safety check so how do people get away with it shorly some of the stuff weve seen on this website alone gas safe can see yep people do them dirt cheap sometimes 8 a day and get away with it

well the problem is people are letting things slip, if you start turning tenants off you will find they will get someone else who is not so fussy imho

I would rather they didnt use me again and I left it safe and could sleep at night. What they choose to do after is up to them, aslong as I am happy I have left the gas appliance safe that is all that matters.

Spot on MFGS i could not agree more , I have lost agents by doing the right thing but like to sleep easy also

I got asked how do I sleep at night because I reported that install lol !!! some people eh ??

I will defo be contacting Gas-Elec anyway, HSE have phoned me looking for previous owners details as I think they are looking to prosecute the landlady and try find installer

Isn't the problem here whether the installation is ID or just at risk, either of which the plumber oddly enough doesn't have a legal right to disconnect and make safe without the gas users permission?

I classed it as ID mate, for a few reasons, no supporting brackets on flue, flue joined incorrectly with duct tape, wrong flue, boiler acting as an open flued boiler....think any sane person would class it as ID aswell

i agree with ID
there is nothing to stop the flue parting and then in theory it could be game over for someone

Hi Guys,

I'm the website developer at gas-elec and I've noticed this post about an inadequate and quite horrific installation.

I would like to know some more information about this installation if possible. If you could email me with the property details and I'll raise it up with our senior staff and management here and see if we can get something resolved.

This is truly horrific and we do apologise for the state of this installation. We would obviously like to trace the installation and then the offending engineer.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Lambert
Website Developer at gas-elec Safety Systems Limited
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Awful Installation pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
H
Hey guys, I've just installed a reverse cycle ducted heating/cooling in my new built house and took out the heater. The heater hasn't been used...
Replies
Views
Hatem Alaa
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock