Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Automatic bypass valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I need to ask what is essentially a know, or don't know in my case, question:
During the process of fitting an S plan heating system, is it a legal requirement under the building regs to fit an ABV or can you leave a rad in the presently on position? If so, where does the ABV get fitted - I'm thinking that it's after the pump but before the zone valves but I'm not certain at the moment and I'm not at the job right now.
I ask because I've already converted the old system when I changed the boiler and I didn't realise that this might be a legal requirement at the time.
if I have to fit the ABV (In this position) then I have to make alterations that will cost me and while I realise that it might be a lesson learned I still would like to know in any case.
The system uses a Trianco Eurostar 100/125 external oil boiler, two Honeywell 2 port zone valves, and a Honeywell RF2 wireless control pack with room/cylinder stats.
needless to say that as my design skills are still a little rusty, all advice (sensible) is appreciated.

It depends on the boiler. There are some gas boilers that don't need a bypass on an S plan but I don't know about oil. If you need one it should go after the pump and before the zone valves.

Thanks for the reply. After checking with Trianco I can confirm that the boiler doesn't have an ABV so it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and fit one, which is going to be awkward as there's next to no space where the pipe work is.
That'll teach me; check first. Still, it's only time that it will cost me and I haven't got anything else to do at the moment so when I get back to the job I'll sort it properly.
OFTEC business audit on Monday as well ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Automatic bypass valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
I now have a Main 18 HEAT ERP boiler which has its own bypass valve. Should I remove the existing external one to improver system flow?
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock