Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity Fed system in Bungalow with two Automatic Air Vents in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow.

I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed systems requiring an AAV, unless in a bungalow to aid bleeding on first fill?

One AAV is in the loft on - what I think - is the boiler return pipe, and the other fitted to the coil feeding the hot water tank. Both are leaking as they’ve been in situ for over 20 years.

Would it be prudent to replace both AAV’s so when I refill it helps bleed the system, or leave them off completely?

Would suggest replacing them but with a manual type, AAVs do have a screwed cap to prevent leakage but the AAV itself is prone to blockage as well.

Reply to Gravity Fed system in Bungalow with two Automatic Air Vents in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock