Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss are there a lot of magnets used in plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jono1987

As the title says, is there a lot of use of magnets in plumbning ? if so what for ?

I have two main uses for mine, checking central heating pipes for corrosion - iron oxide (magnetite) is magnetic, copper is not so if the magnet is attracted to a copper pipe it indicates a build up of corrosion. Good way to prove to the customer also.

Other main use is for retrieving my bahco from somewhere daft I've just dropped it (down the back of hot water cylinder etc)

Very useful - consider getting a telescopic one thats fairly powerful...

that will be for larder units to hide all that ugly pipe work then..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to are there a lot of magnets used in plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock