Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anyone tried non genuine power tool batteries? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

Hi all, I have a load of dewalt xrp gear and the batteries are finally failing. They are of the NIMH chemistry variety. Has anyone tried the fake batteries you can get from ebay? If so what they like?

Don't do it.
Me and a work mate tried some and they loose their charge in a couple of months like a 3 year old official battery would.
Just not worth the money.

buy new cells fm maplins, at least they will be reasonable quality

Years ago I used some fake dewalt batteries and they worked ok and I used them for about 2 years no problems, They never lasted as long as the proper ones but not alot of difference.

it all depends on what the quality of the cells are like. if you surf alibaba you ca find the companies that make these, they are normally cheap battery manufacutrers from china. You really want to stick to samsung, sony, panasonic cells like the tool manufacutrers use.

My joiner mate uses some of the cheap makita 18v lions ( chinese i think ) and he says never again. Depend how hard youd be workin your tools as for a now n again they might be ok . Me personally id stick to the real mckoys.

problem with lion ones is most of the top manufacturers have thermal and voltage limiting protection inside the battery and/or tools to protect them and even comunicate with the chargers. Unless the after market manufacturers copy the protection they will be at risk over over heating or dropping the voltage of the cells to the point they fail. lion cells are not as robust as ni cads and need to be protected.

one of the reasons the first makita lion batterys failed alot was due to lack of protection, (non star batteries)

Last edited:
took my bosch 24v battery apart today no marking on the cells do maplins stock them may have a go at re celling

I have some XRP gear...I thought the Nicad XRP's were excellent and outperformed NiMH quite easily, despite weight disadvantage held charge for longer.

What voltage? You used to be able to get 14.4v & 18v Dewalt Lithium bats to retrofit older models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone tried non genuine power tool batteries? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock