Discuss Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone reading this worked for Dyno Rod before?

I have an interview with them tomorrow, it will be a lot more hours than i'm currently doing but it's a permanent position. paid hoiday etc which i don't get now. Hopefully someone here can tell me what they are like.

Assuming I get offered the job, there's pros and cons to taking it or staying put.

Can't make my mind up.

Apparently i will be asked what i know about the company, questions about health and safety and customer service type questions. Only so much i can prepare.

There will be a 10 question test on plumbing stuff maybe a couple included will be heating and electrical.

Anyway opinions from past or present employees would be great :)

Thanks

Isn't that all drainage work? Dyno rod = poo to me. But if it's what you wanna do then go for it mate. What's up with the current job?

Yeah they seem to be known for drainage more than actual plumbing but this is a reactive maintenance plumbing job with a bit of CH breakdowns thrown in.

Yes still part of BG.

I'll be looking at about 15-20 hours more per week from what i understand. 0800-1800 basic hours before any overtime etc

My job now is SE subbying to a local firm, it's not too bad, i sometimes get wound up with lack of communication/info provided. The boss is fairly laid back though. All local work, van and fuel paid for and can use van for my own jobs. Obviously no holiday, no overtime (even if i end up staying a couple of extra hours to get stuff finished) normal hours. There are no prospects working here though, i'm never going to be on good money unless i bump my money up with private work which i actually enjoy because it gives me confidence.

New job, planned work unless emergencies come in, holiday, better pay but more hours fair enough, from what i have been told it will be covering BR/DA postcodes so approx 40 mins from me give or take. So that's time added on to my day also.

8am-6pm basic hours? Blimey, I get a nose bleed if I'm out past 3pm. But if it's gonna bring in better money and if your family life won't suffer for it then go for it mate.

I have an interview with them tomorrow, it will be a lot more hours than i'm currently doing but it's a permanent position. paid hoiday etc which i don't get now. Hopefully someone here can tell me what they are like.

Assuming I get offered the job, there's pros and cons to taking it or staying put.

Can't make my mind up.

Apparently i will be asked what i know about the company, questions about health and safety and customer service type questions. Only so much i can prepare.

There will be a 10 question test on plumbing stuff maybe a couple included will be heating and electrical.

Thanks

Good luck with the interview mate

8am-6pm basic hours? Blimey, I get a nose bleed if I'm out past 3pm. But if it's gonna bring in better money and if your family life won't suffer for it then go for it mate.

haha i'm usually out until 5.30 unless im doing my own jobs then it can be anything up until 10ish. The agency have really been trying to sell the job to me saying how much money can be earned with overtime but i'm thinking leave house at 6.45 to get to first job for 8 finish last job 6ish then home for 7ish, doesn't leave much for overtime unless im doing long days day in day out. It doesn't sound like a particularly hard job but trying to weigh up if the extra hours are worth the extra money that i could be earning doing my own work anyway. Been on my mind all day. Part of me is thinking stay where i am and build up my own customer base.

Thanks for the replies so far though.

Can't make my mind up.

Thanks

My mate works for them on the plumbing/maintenance
From what I gather, its all good,
Gets good money, every job he gets commission/bounces
When on call get to use the van for personal use

Is it a lot more money per hour than what you're on now?
If you're finishing at 6pm and got an hours drive to get back home, are you going to feel like starting again for a couple of hours?
You could be out of the house for 12 hrs without your "hobbles" after work, if they supply a van it'll probably be tracked, so therefore may not be able to use it out of hrs
Ask lots of questions about what their current engineers average hrs/pay and overtime are

My mate works for them on the plumbing/maintenance
From what I gather, its all good,
Gets good money, every job he gets commission/bounces
When on call get to use the van for personal use

I'm going to go for the interview, do my best and see what comes off it. It's a job that I am more than capable of doing from the sounds of it. I hope if i get it, it's well organised, i dont mind how hard i have to work but i don't want to have to work harder because people can't get stuff sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I really appreciate any help here - I’m not a plumber and live alone. Two days ago everything was working fine, but then someone came to...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple...
Replies
Views
Hi again I'm on a roll with the plumbing questions today! So here's query #2... We've not used our hot water for quite some time, and it now...
Replies
Views
Hi Just wanted to ask that has anyone used this website to revise for their ACS revision? the website im on about is...(Not promoting/Not paid)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock