Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone got / tried one of these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also while we're at it has anyone got any tips for removing scale from pipe like you'd get from a leak that went unnoticed for ages before sealing itelf? I find that harder than paint by far.

No. I remember someone posting on here a few years ago about same.
Bet it scores the pipes but no different than using the blunt back edge of a Stanley knife I suppose. Blow lamp if safe does a good job usually to soften the paint and a rub off with steel wool.
If pipes have scale damage from leaks I always just prefer to remove the bit of pipe and replace. But if not possible - like a rad valve pipe going into a solid floor, I just scrape it with back of knife blade and use emery cloth on it. Bad long term leak on copper can cause pin hole leak

That's definitely a plumbers tool box in the video with all that carp in there!

I just use my grips to take the worst of it off then a cleaning strip to finish it off.

That paint looked like it come off far to easy. If I get bored I throw a compression on it.

on another note, I've started to use my vein for cutting awckward pipes. Like retro fitting a Magna clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone got / tried one of these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his audition last night.. He was a stand up comedian and he got off to a rocky start but by the end everyone was loving him! Does anyone know him? Is he a...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock