Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone else put their phone on silent last few days? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Normally I'd get a few calls a day, yesterday counted 28 calls the ones I answered were mostly boiler breakdowns/frozen pipes and wanted a plumber asap. I've got a cold and diary is full anyway.
Just amazing once the big guys can't cope the spill over makes you realise how much work there is out there.

Mine go's on silent when I get home, unfortunley I do have a life outside work only so much you can do, and I don't want the stress or Hassel so off go's the phone, Its my time now leave a message will call you back tomorrow

didnt even bother today, parts shop has no parts in, almost crashed a few times yesterday, its not worth it, got a few people going.. done my bit..

Work phone turns off at 6 at night and all weekend. Powers back up when the alarm goes off. I don't advertise 24/7, well don't advertise anyway.

I just left my phone on silent on top of the fire last couple days.
It went absolutely mental.
Went through it yesterday just deleting endless boiler issues

I'm not GSR but I got 6 boiler calls Friday, 3 yesterday and 2 today.
Did 3 burst pipes yesterday, 1 in an eaves, other 2 outside taps.
Friday I did 1 burst pipe for an old dear but refused anything else as had too much work on.
Could have made a bleedin fortune these last few days if I wasn't so lazy, still more than doubled my normal weekly take home thanks to the beast.

Customer with a burst Hep fitting in loft while on holiday, water was coming out of the wall cavity drains on 1st floor and then froze again, water out of front door.

Customer with a burst Hep fitting in loft while on holiday, water was coming out of the wall cavity drains on 1st floor and then froze again, water out of front door.
I went to a burst hep elbow yesterday on a dead leg elbow on a hot feed for a utility. Hot water everywhere.

Yes mate. Not sure if it was supposed to have an insert (which it didn’t) also looked like single pipe not barrier.

Yes mate. Not sure if it was supposed to have an insert (which it didn’t) also looked like single pipe not barrier.

Yes they use the normal ss inserts

wht would you put the phone on silent dont you boys want any work

Yes we want work, but it's been ridiculous the amount of calls and emails that have come in 24/7 for the last 10 days. I've just been vetting all calls and keeping our loyal customer's happy. It wouldn't be so bad if they wanted you in a few days time but they all want you to respond immediately especially the BG over spill. And 16hrs a day is enough for me thanks. Roll on the spring when planned maintenance and installs starts again. There is only so much reactive work the team can deal with in a week. Everyone is worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else put their phone on silent last few days? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock