Currently reading:
Anyone else here out of work?

Discuss Anyone else here out of work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredrico84

Hi guys,

I've been redundant from my job back in September, I've been trying so hard to find a job, but it seems to be impossible. I don't wanna lose hope and give up but it certainly feels that way. I would like to know If there is any other plumber whos in same situation as me?

Also I would like to ask experienced plumbers who have their own company, what sort of advice could you give me to start on my own. I always worked for big companies and I don't have much experience on becoming self employed.

I have all my plumbing qualifications but I'm not gas safe registered.

Thanks.

get gassafe reg,if poss,make sure you have enough money to tide you over for 2 months,get ads out,word of mouth,dont give up

get gassafe reg,if poss,make sure you have enough money to tide you over for 2 months,get ads out,word of mouth,dont give up

My problem is that I need some money to start my own business, I need to buy a van as my car won't be suitable to work with. Thanks for the tips though.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered with gas to start with, in my area there is plenty of work for bathrooms at the moment. Word of mouth is key, so:-

• Turn up when you say you will, or call if you are going to be late.
  • If you say you will send a quote do. If you don't want the job tell them.
  • Charge a reasonable price (too cheap is bad for our trade, too much is bad for your order book)
  • Tidy up at the end of each day (a hoover creates a great impression)
  • Do a good job. Quality is more important than speed.
Give it time and word will get around and you'll be busy.
Ps - look for cheap advertising alternatives. My local butchers has a supply of my cards which has worked wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps - look for cheap advertising alternatives. My local butchers has a supply of my cards which has worked wonders.

I've tried supermarkets, but did not get a single call. lol. I'll try some local shops as you said. Thanks for all the tips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else here out of work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock