Discuss Anyone else here out of work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredrico84

Hi guys,

I've been redundant from my job back in September, I've been trying so hard to find a job, but it seems to be impossible. I don't wanna lose hope and give up but it certainly feels that way. I would like to know If there is any other plumber whos in same situation as me?

Also I would like to ask experienced plumbers who have their own company, what sort of advice could you give me to start on my own. I always worked for big companies and I don't have much experience on becoming self employed.

I have all my plumbing qualifications but I'm not gas safe registered.

Thanks.

get gassafe reg,if poss,make sure you have enough money to tide you over for 2 months,get ads out,word of mouth,dont give up

get gassafe reg,if poss,make sure you have enough money to tide you over for 2 months,get ads out,word of mouth,dont give up

My problem is that I need some money to start my own business, I need to buy a van as my car won't be suitable to work with. Thanks for the tips though.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered with gas to start with, in my area there is plenty of work for bathrooms at the moment. Word of mouth is key, so:-

• Turn up when you say you will, or call if you are going to be late.
  • If you say you will send a quote do. If you don't want the job tell them.
  • Charge a reasonable price (too cheap is bad for our trade, too much is bad for your order book)
  • Tidy up at the end of each day (a hoover creates a great impression)
  • Do a good job. Quality is more important than speed.
Give it time and word will get around and you'll be busy.
Ps - look for cheap advertising alternatives. My local butchers has a supply of my cards which has worked wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps - look for cheap advertising alternatives. My local butchers has a supply of my cards which has worked wonders.

I've tried supermarkets, but did not get a single call. lol. I'll try some local shops as you said. Thanks for all the tips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else here out of work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock