Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anybody done any work for Warm Front? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes bernie,
subby for gs fitter,
i was doin the rads and piping, and gas pipes. about 2 years ago.
why?.

Company I work for does a bit for them too. Nothing bad to report

Hi! All,

I was wondering how they give their work out. I know people who have been told, if they want a grant its 6 months before anybody comes from an installer to examine and cost the applicants house, with a view to repairs.

They are also said to charge well over the grant price, which people have to make up. It was on the TV.

They where also featured on that program "Rip Off Britain" but I never heard any proper answers except the minister said, it was because their standards where so high.

Surely it should be far quicker and cheaper than that?

I also noticed Warmsure a related company or whatever it is, offer a boiler repair for £240 and BG offer the same for about £130 - 160. Nearly £100 difference and virtually half the cost of a new boiler.

Considering they are supposedly to serve the poorest and most needy in society, how come they are so slow and charge more than BG, when BG are considered by most to be high priced?

I wonder about that, as British Gas who may be rip off merchants when it comes to cash, but they are not noted for poor standards overall.

And most installers comply with the standards anyway.

It seems a bit unfair not to spread government grant money around a bit but to have it all administered by one company. The small guy could do with a hand in this recession.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did a bit of work for these ( fitting parts that there engineers had diagnosed) what an absolute joke that was !!! lol)) example: job description : fit expansion vessel on ideal isar he 30. Got there and customer told me how happy he was that his boiler would finally be quiet after i fit the expansion vessel??????? So after i put the vessel back in the van i found a wopping hole in the exhaust flue caused by a flue with no fall on it!! This is just one job off the top of my head but there were loads like that. I can only presume there engineers get payed per job ( complete or not) or they are just very poor engineers!! Oh and there were loads of isar h/exchangers to replace only to find the aav leaking on arrival!!

i did a bit of work for these ( fitting parts that there engineers had diagnosed) what an absolute joke that was !!! lol)) example: job description : fit expansion vessel on ideal isar he 30. Got there and customer told me how happy he was that his boiler would finally be quiet after i fit the expansion vessel??????? So after i put the vessel back in the van i found a wopping hole in the exhaust flue caused by a flue with no fall on it!! This is just one job off the top of my head but there were loads like that. I can only presume there engineers get payed per job ( complete or not) or they are just very poor engineers!! Oh and there were loads of isar h/exchangers to replace only to find the aav leaking on arrival!!
that sounds great replace the aav out of your pocket abd sell the heat exchabger back to the suppliers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anybody done any work for Warm Front? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock