Currently reading:
Amptec c900 electric boiler repost now registered

Discuss Amptec c900 electric boiler repost now registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walsh30303

Hi guys,
Firstly I'm an electrician not a plumber, and it's my house not a customers,
I'm after some advice if anyone can be kind enough to help me,
I've gotten a 300l cylinder (bigger than I expected) managed to man handle it into the cellar, plumbed it, wired it, drain offs, pressure reducers ect, all working,
I've plumbed the bathroom fitted the shower and bath ect I was proud of my new plumbing knowledge, now I have the electric boiler for the heating,
I'm ashamed to say it's beaten me,

I would like an upstairs and downstairs heating circuit, looking at using the nest stats, im fine with the wiring side obviously and I know I need stop valve, filling loop, pressure gauge, drain off/ blow off, expansion vessel, 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves and a pump, apparently they don't fit one in the boiler, what I'm struggling with is the layout of all this, the order and since no manuals were provided and the online ones don't seem to make sense to me just wondering if anyone can advise a vessel size, and be kind enough to draw It out for me in simple terms, I don't know if I'm missing anything from that list, any help is more than greatly appreciated!!

Plumbing is appearing to be alot more than just hot cold and gas my eyes have been opened

Hi guys,
Firstly I'm an electrician not a plumber,
Plumbing is appearing to be alot more than just hot cold and gas my eyes have been opened

says it all really, isnt it time to employ someone who knows what they are doing..............................................

It's only a water cylinder ... or bomb depending on what you know!

Guys, I do know 90 percent what I'm doing I believe I have the order right in My head, I've spoke to a few plumbers recently but none will travel and the house isn't where I currently live, im not a moron hence why I'm here asking for advice on this, I didn't realise it was a site for plumber to refuse to help, the cylinder works has every safety feature required, and isn't going to blow up, I've even put 2 cylinder stats on so if one fails the other will catch it, heating elements are timed and won't be on long enough for the pressure to build that high, where else would you like me to install it could the same not be said of a 100 litre tank in an airing cupboard, im after a bit of confirmation and advice so as to ensure I do it right, yes I can get a local plumber but I'm then waiting a month, considering I know what I'm doing won't anyone offer actual help? Or have you never wired a hosting control centre yourself? Put a plug on a boiler yourself? Wired a roomstat so you don't need to wait for the electrician, what about your double pole isolation Device for the boiler unswitched socket or double pole fuse spur, you know you've all done it, I'm sorry for sounding arsey but the first 5 responses have been far from helpful

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please.*

So no one is prepared to even help? Have you asked what I know have you offered any help or have you just turned up to talk about a cylinder which has already been installed and is working and checked by a plumber, it's the heating I'm after help with if you read the question, thanks guys way to make yourselves proud!

Cylinder, 8 bar pressure reducer, 3 bar pressure reducer and relief valve, tundish, blow off drain off, stop valve, cylinder stat x 2 heating elements via timers, pipes lagged, am I missing anything Mr plumber? When I got uncertain with heating I sought professional advice before doing anything, where have I gone wrong?

Cylinder, 8 bar pressure reducer, 3 bar pressure reducer and relief valve, tundish, blow off drain off, stop valve, cylinder stat x 2 heating elements via timers, pipes lagged, am I missing anything Mr plumber? When I got uncertain with heating I sought professional advice before doing anything, where have I gone wrong?

So you have sat your building regs g3 course? Have you notified building control of your intention to install said cylinder?

Put up some pictures.

If I was at the house right now I would, rather I'll just ignore ed209, can I remind you all, I've done the cylinder it's been checked by a qualified plumber, im after advice only on the order of the heating side, I think I know and I've spoken to a plumber recently, I just need to double check, im doing this with or without your help but your help would be appreciated, and in response to the 100 percent pass rate, if that's the case why does this forum exist don't you all already know everything? Exactly it changes for you guys as often as it does for us, I know I'm not gas safe and I'm not doing gas, it's all electric, I thought I'd find help here not a bunch of argumentative sarcastic plumbers, and yes plumbers is the better word I went for, im still open to help if anyone is kind enough but failing that happy new year to you all come and watch my cellar firework display to bring in the new year,

If you read my earlier post you'll see my plumber friend Is no longer around to help, he's retired and moved away

Bottom line is you have screwed up with the cylinder. Having a 'mate' look at it means nothing and where's the 'mate' with regard the heating?

Also your attitude stinks, doubt you will get any help on here. Could do with knowing which town and street you live in though :)

Ah retired eh. Surely speaking to him on the phone would be easier than trying to explain from scratch on here. After all he's familiar with your set up?

I wouldn't ignore ed209, he's been spot on, it's just that you don't like what he is saying.

Simon, no offense to you, you joined later, my attitude came from ed209s replies and lack of help, where have I screwed up with the cylinder? Also it wasn't a mate it was a qualified plumber who's been in the game for 50 years, If it's wrong from what I've said let me know how and I'll get a plumber out, I won't keep it as is if it's dangerous and I'm not an idiot I'll pay to get it right, but I don't see where I've gone wrong, I did it as instructed by the plumber who had no time to do it and he checked it afterwards, by his age and the fact I'd known him for years I trust his knowledge on the cylinder, however like I say if I'm wrong or its wrong then please tell how

Your asking advice for an illegal installation. If I fitted an electric shower to the consumer box with incorrect wiring etc then asked on an electricians forum for help I think I'd get roasted too. I would also expect it. Fact is your not qualified to fit. End of

I know what he's saying it can be a bomb but what makes him assume it's wrong, it's already in and working, it's the heating and boiler I was after advice for, why assume I've done it wrong, I spoke to my plumber at the time several times he saw it, why is it wrong?

Yes with incorrect wiring, where am I putting incorrect plumbing?

I used to work for one of englands major unvented cylinder manufacturers and have been to hundreds of with respect, DIY jobs. You may have fitted it perfectly well , it maybe , 'by the book' , but the reason you are receiving negative comments is, we have to sit and pay for a G3 qualification in order to instal and service these cylinders.

You can not register this cylinder , if there are any problems with it or its components, the first thing the manufacturer will ask is, is the benchmark book filled in ?. To fill it in it has a box for your G3 number.

How have you terminated your D2 in a cellar ?

You are not qualified to install the cylinder and I bet your plumber mate wasn't either. If you can't see that then there is no way forward.

By d2 I can only assume you mean the drain and are querying because it's a cellar, as I said before the back of the house is above ground at cellar level only the front isn't, the street slopes, so the drain can fall all the way to the back wall, and fine have ago at me for not being qualified but now your just being plain rude by asserting incorrectly that he isn't qualified, some plumbers have enough work to not spend their time on here picking at anything and everything just for a kick, do yourselves a favour and leave the help site if your not prepared to help, I'll sort it myself, thanks for nothing I knew electricians forum was full of wank ers turns out they all are,
Wish you all all the best in life

Paying with plumbing you know sfa about, especially when your not bright enough to log back into a forum that you are pulling to bits.

I wish your neighbours all the best.

put some pics up simple way to do it and have a look at s plans

Simon g, im on my phone, it's responding, it's obvious who I am, any need to log back in? Wasn't aware it had logged out, nice to see your intellectual limitations have been reached that you have to resort to name calling :) as I say I'll figure it myself I can plumb one alot easier than you can wire one so you make sure you have a nice day, to anyone genuine on here and not pretentious, I apologise for my stress, to those of you who refuse to speak let alone help, without even asking questions first since all your initial replies were sarcastic a waste of time and clearly against what it says directly above where you type to reply, I wish you well, I hope your loved ones find you comforting because I doubt many others like you, now I'm getting arsey and it's a waste of time, no help nothing ventured nothing gained, thought a forum for plumbing advice might give plumbing advice, better a diyer do it with help and advised than on his own, point being I've worked with plumbers over the years, fine I'm not qualified but I am competent I was after advice only not a signed certificate on your behalf, again thanks for nothing I won't be re visiting this thread

Simon g, im on my phone, it's responding, it's obvious who I am, any need to log back in? Wasn't aware it had logged out, nice to see your intellectual limitations have been reached that you have to resort to name calling :) as I say I'll figure it myself I can plumb one alot easier than you can wire one so you make sure you have a nice day, to anyone genuine on here and not pretentious, I apologise for my stress, to those of you who refuse to speak let alone help, without even asking questions first since all your initial replies were sarcastic a waste of time and clearly against what it says directly above where you type to reply, I wish you well, I hope your loved ones find you comforting because I doubt many others like you, now I'm getting arsey and it's a waste of time, no help nothing ventured nothing gained, thought a forum for plumbing advice might give plumbing advice, better a diyer do it with help and advised than on his own, point being I've worked with plumbers over the years, fine I'm not qualified but I am competent I was after advice only not a signed certificate on your behalf, again thanks for nothing I won't be re visiting this thread

when you log back in click keep me signed in if you dont it will log you out after 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Amptec c900 electric boiler repost now registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back