Discuss Amptec c900 electric boiler repost now registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walsh30303

Hi guys,
Firstly I'm an electrician not a plumber, and it's my house not a customers,
I'm after some advice if anyone can be kind enough to help me,
I've gotten a 300l cylinder (bigger than I expected) managed to man handle it into the cellar, plumbed it, wired it, drain offs, pressure reducers ect, all working,
I've plumbed the bathroom fitted the shower and bath ect I was proud of my new plumbing knowledge, now I have the electric boiler for the heating,
I'm ashamed to say it's beaten me,

I would like an upstairs and downstairs heating circuit, looking at using the nest stats, im fine with the wiring side obviously and I know I need stop valve, filling loop, pressure gauge, drain off/ blow off, expansion vessel, 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves and a pump, apparently they don't fit one in the boiler, what I'm struggling with is the layout of all this, the order and since no manuals were provided and the online ones don't seem to make sense to me just wondering if anyone can advise a vessel size, and be kind enough to draw It out for me in simple terms, I don't know if I'm missing anything from that list, any help is more than greatly appreciated!!

Plumbing is appearing to be alot more than just hot cold and gas my eyes have been opened

Hi guys,
Firstly I'm an electrician not a plumber,
Plumbing is appearing to be alot more than just hot cold and gas my eyes have been opened

says it all really, isnt it time to employ someone who knows what they are doing..............................................

It's only a water cylinder ... or bomb depending on what you know!

Guys, I do know 90 percent what I'm doing I believe I have the order right in My head, I've spoke to a few plumbers recently but none will travel and the house isn't where I currently live, im not a moron hence why I'm here asking for advice on this, I didn't realise it was a site for plumber to refuse to help, the cylinder works has every safety feature required, and isn't going to blow up, I've even put 2 cylinder stats on so if one fails the other will catch it, heating elements are timed and won't be on long enough for the pressure to build that high, where else would you like me to install it could the same not be said of a 100 litre tank in an airing cupboard, im after a bit of confirmation and advice so as to ensure I do it right, yes I can get a local plumber but I'm then waiting a month, considering I know what I'm doing won't anyone offer actual help? Or have you never wired a hosting control centre yourself? Put a plug on a boiler yourself? Wired a roomstat so you don't need to wait for the electrician, what about your double pole isolation Device for the boiler unswitched socket or double pole fuse spur, you know you've all done it, I'm sorry for sounding arsey but the first 5 responses have been far from helpful

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please.*

So no one is prepared to even help? Have you asked what I know have you offered any help or have you just turned up to talk about a cylinder which has already been installed and is working and checked by a plumber, it's the heating I'm after help with if you read the question, thanks guys way to make yourselves proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Amptec c900 electric boiler repost now registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock