Discuss Alpha 24cbx lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerr Gas 1

Working on an alpha 24cbx today which would get to temp then lockout from overheat, I've tested over heat stat and replaceD, all seemed fine then locked out again after couple hrs, anyone had this problem. Previous experience would suggest sludge or faulty pump. Could the thermistor affect this . Took a resistance today when boiler had cooled down but the reading seemed ok. Any advice?

heater exchanger blocked try put some cleaner in the system for a couple of days and give a good flush out
Pump not circulating does it turn freely
air in the heat exchanger I think there is a vent at the top left hand side
check flow and return temps does it short cycle

Yellow (b) light flashing fast?

What colour are the NTC sensor's?

hi alpha man,

we spoke a while back about a 24 cbx locking out on overheat (solid red A) since then i have flushed system replaced pump and replaced overheat stst, i didnt hear back from the customer for weeks then i got a call today so its doing the exact same. any advice thanks

A) red light on continusly? B) yellow doing what?

If its just the red light on, could be, gas related, incoming /working pressure, gas valve or molded black plug and lead or electrodes!!

If the red light flashes, could be either APS or PCB.

its a red flashing light, i will check all tomorrow but i thought it was an overheat lockout, heating and hot water works for a couple hrs the locks out but as i said before iv flushed the system, changed the pump and the overheat stat. running out of ideas

Its not something daft like all rads fitted with TRV's and set fairly low so shutting down causing boiler to lockout.

Caught me out a couple of times

A cupl of hours intermittent fault would take me towards ignition rather than overheat ... *shrug* If it's o/heat then its strange that it takes so long to occur? Soz not much help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 24cbx lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock