Discuss Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sargan

I have a 32mm Alkahtene pipe that terminates on a one way valve on a pressure vessel.

To make the connection these is a metal Alkathene fitting .. consisting of a nut, compression Olive, space and an O ring.

The nut then screws onto the pressure vessel fitting, pulling olive tight onto pipe and spacer presses O ring into groove in the fixed half of fitting, and the O ring making the seal.

Picture here of the pipe end fittings.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Tafflad/DIY/alkathene.jpg

The O ring is damaged .... anybody know where I can get spare O rings ... size is 3.5mm x 32mm
I estimate 3.5mm as it is different at every point I put callipers on.

The designation on the fitting is :

DVGW G.PN4 WPN10

(The DVGW tells me is is German water systems standard)

Tried local plumbing & commercial plumb centres ... all their alkathene fittings are plastic not metal ... no option to change to plastic as it has to work with existing pressure vessel.

Been to Plumbing Trade outlets ... no joy .. also tried screwfix, machine mart, and loads of fun Googling
I will try farming supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner looking for advice. The mains water comes into our property via the downstairs cloakroom. House was built late 1970s...
Replies
Views
Hi ya guys, im trying to improve my way of tightening compression fittings to copper and plastic pipes (using inserts or liners in the case of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, relatively new to the gas industry about a year and normally just do fires and boilers. The only reason i have the cookers ticket is for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock