Search the forum,

Discuss Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sargan

I have a 32mm Alkahtene pipe that terminates on a one way valve on a pressure vessel.

To make the connection these is a metal Alkathene fitting .. consisting of a nut, compression Olive, space and an O ring.

The nut then screws onto the pressure vessel fitting, pulling olive tight onto pipe and spacer presses O ring into groove in the fixed half of fitting, and the O ring making the seal.

Picture here of the pipe end fittings.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Tafflad/DIY/alkathene.jpg

The O ring is damaged .... anybody know where I can get spare O rings ... size is 3.5mm x 32mm
I estimate 3.5mm as it is different at every point I put callipers on.

The designation on the fitting is :

DVGW G.PN4 WPN10

(The DVGW tells me is is German water systems standard)

Tried local plumbing & commercial plumb centres ... all their alkathene fittings are plastic not metal ... no option to change to plastic as it has to work with existing pressure vessel.

Been to Plumbing Trade outlets ... no joy .. also tried screwfix, machine mart, and loads of fun Googling
I will try farming supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock