Discuss Air Admittance Valve Grey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulh7

hello could i have some advice please
i`m ripping old bathroom suite out
we have a small bathroom all the walls are dry lined
where the bath is we have a grey soil pipe which is boxed in
can i cut this pipe below bath level and fit one of theses from screwfix
FloPlast AXV110 Air Admittance Valve Grey
so i can fit new bath tight up against the wall
so the bath will be flush with the wall and the soil pipe beneath the bath ?
thank you Paul

Hi
It should be higher than the highest drain point ( so if the drain is blocked it inot meant to come from the AAV) but in reality it will generally fill the bath or wc if the drain is blocked.
I have fitted them tight under the bath before with no problems ( yet!)

Whilst it is best to fit air admittance valves above the flood level, McAlpine do air admittance valves suitable for installation below the flood line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air Admittance Valve Grey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock