Search the forum,

Discuss AGA Rangemaster Safety Notice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Safety Notice - AGA Rangemaster
Covering Rayburn oil-fired cooker models 400K & XT
OFTEC has been asked to print the following safety notice:

As a responsible company, Aga Rangemaster, manufacturers of the Rayburn cooker, have become concerned at changes in the characteristics of kerosene over recent years and in particular the adverse effect on seals commonly found in oil pumps and solenoid valves.

Although these component manufacturers have switched to using Viton materials in new products for the past few years, there are many older appliances in the field still fitted with original specification components and therefore at risk from potential fuel leakage. Consequently AGA have introduced a field update on their Rayburn models 400 & XT (dry, non-boiler) cooker ranges, fitted with Ecoflam Minor 1 burners, by changing to an anti-drip style burner nozzle.
To encourage service engineers to make this change at the next routine service visit, AGA are offering to supply OFTEC engineers involved in servicing a Rayburn with a replacement burner nozzle free of charge.
To claim this, engineers should call the AGA spares team on 0845 217 1201 stating the serial number of the cooker for which it is required.

In addition, engineers will receive a guidance sheet on simple procedures when servicing the Ecoflam Minor burner and good practice in checking for oil leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AGA Rangemaster Safety Notice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock