Search the forum,

Discuss advice on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bella100

Hello everyone ive just landed myself a plumbing job after many months of searching i did the c&g 6129 and just need some hands on well ive got a job working on new builds with a local plumber as a plumbers mate just wondered what sort of stuff would you think a plumbera mate would be doing on new builds if that makes sense thanks

It will be all plastic so just be quick and try and think what your plumber needs before he asks for it. And leave your blower in the van

Rads, drilling holes, cleaning up.

Take your blower on site and sit round most the day on face book.

Well that's what they do on the site I'm on

Thanks everyone so hanging rads it is i have no previous so this maybe a stupid queation but do you work off a plan for rads and that thanks

Your journeyman will have all pipes in place , when your first fixing youl maybe get pipe insulation to do and basically get him anythin he needs, Im doing new builds at the moment and ive my mate giving me a hand and although hes an engineer offshore there isnt massive amounts of stuff i can get him to do apart from assist,, yeh tea maker goes without saying,

Great thanks and other advice would be great also are all nee builds done in plastic even the tails up to the rads

since you have decided in advance that the work yu want to be doing for your builder is Hanging Radiators and you say you have never done this before, and yu want to know how it is done,
go onto the website and find a radiator manufacturer and download the installation instructions (any radiator you buy will provide you with details of how to HANG it. How do you think we have all this DIYers succeeding?). Read the proceedure for hanging them. Its straightforward. That way, when you attend for your job, you will sail through it.
Good luck and well done

new builds have changed since i first started this game. We used to run around on the joists weilding a chain saw for notches you can imagine how neat the notches were
Every house came with at least one pee puddle, quite often a cement bag full of sh*t and a box of rusty nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock