Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on having an install At Risk warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys. I am after a bit of advice. I installed an Intergas boiler a couple of yrs ago. The client called me and said it kept cutting out so I told her to call Intergas. Intergas came and fitted a new gas valve but labelled the boiler At Risk for having no isolation valve at the appliance. He Mentioned she should get the installer back to fit one. Now I have never installed a boiler without an isolation valve as they all come with them.

Now I asked her if anyone had done any work on the place and it turns out that the gas meter was relocated from inside to outside. Now the pipe work looks a mess from video calling and definitely not something I did and with the valve removed.

Should I call Gas Safe up and explain this?

All advice welcome. Thanks

Hi guys. I am after a bit of advice. I installed an Intergas boiler a couple of yrs ago. The client called me and said it kept cutting out so I told her to call Intergas. Intergas came and fitted a new gas valve but labelled the boiler At Risk for having no isolation valve at the appliance. He Mentioned she should get the installer back to fit one. Now I have never installed a boiler without an isolation valve as they all come with them.

Now I asked her if anyone had done any work on the place and it turns out that the gas meter was relocated from inside to outside. Now the pipe work looks a mess from video calling and definitely not something I did and with the valve removed.

Should I call Gas Safe up and explain this?

All advice welcome. Thanks
I would go and look at it in person and see if it has been altered.
If it has it is little to do with you.
A face to face meeting normally works better than anything else.
In my opinion.

If any gas work's been done, there should be paperwork that supercedes yours. Also, did the boiler have a gas valve built in or did the M.I. say to fit one as an extra? (Never fitted an Intergas meself so don't know)

Don't have my book to hand, but I am pretty sure missing iso valve is not AR.

Can't see how it's AR. Also no isolation valve on the appliance?
If you fitted one and it's been removed then it's not down to you. Obviously you can charge them to fit another one though.

Bet they listed it at modifying a manufacturers part :D

The ones i have fitted all had a isolation valve and it is part of the Gas regs 26(6) . kop

Screenshot_2018-02-28-19-26-45.png

Screenshot_2018-02-28-19-28-04.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on having an install At Risk warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this? I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock