Discuss Advice on a new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a combi and a sealed system. The boiler will be outside. The Chimney is the easiest way to get the pipes into the loft space. had some to look at it but doubtful they knew what they knew what they were doing. quoted 7 K!!!

love it. They quote £7k, a reasonable price probably and you doubt their ability, then off you go running it in chimmneys, wtf!!!!!

love it. They quote £7k, a reasonable price probably and you doubt their ability, then off you go running it in chimmneys, wtf!!!!!

Love you or hate you Lame but your one the money, that chimney thing would be something an architect would come up with, they love that hide it sort of thing

Dunno had a 225mm intermediate pressure gas pipe through old furnace and chimney on a disused textile factory few years back . M&E contractor we well happy with it Atkins not so .

Cheers Guys , gonna run it up the outside. The water I will T off my cold water supply from my HW tank and run it alongside the return pipe to the boiler. My theory is if it is cold enough to freeze then it's cold enough to have the boiler on.

Hi
IF running in plastic internal bore not the same as copper and anything over 24KW pipework size should be increased any way

You would be better to find a decent engineer who doesn't rip you off & let him get on with it tbh.
First fix is just as important as the rest of the work, but shouldn't be the major wage cost of the entire job.
Copper pipe is my preference, but no doubt plastic could be okay. Hope you don't have mice! Or that the boiler doesn't someday overheat & melt the pipes. :smile:
If you rang me up & asked me to join to your work without prior consultation, I would be wary of the install, but same would apply if a plumber had done it, to be fair.
It's a free country & if you feel you can obtain enough knowledge & are fussy & are confident & competent , then genuinely good luck. Most of the plumbing work I see done with clever hands on engineers of another profession, are a mess.

Last edited:
Been a Marine engineer for 20 years +. The outside pipe will be copper. Approx 6 meters before it enters into the loft space. Rest will be plastic with inserts and compression.. Cheers for the advice guys.

Don't run it outside . Why not get a cable tray and fix your 6m length of plastic coated copper to it, lower it in then fix the tray back at top and bottom . If it's cold enough to freeze outside your house will be warm and boiler knock off and oooooh Jack Frost gets to work

Cheers Guys , gonna run it up the outside. The water I will T off my cold water supply from my HW tank and run it alongside the return pipe to the boiler. My theory is if it is cold enough to freeze then it's cold enough to have the boiler on.

And that's when you get the power cut - and oopss wet everywhere! That's why if we MUST use a monobloc Air source Heat pump we will install glycol and a plate hex.

And why would anyone install a new oil boiler anyway when they could probably get the lot done by a professional under the RHI scheme and still be quids in. - ha'peth of tar comes to mind. Do it on the cheap and regret for 20 years.

And don't forget to multi-zone the house if you can, the more zones the better all houses really should be a minimum of two zones, and B Regs require it if >150m2 - then again you have checked all the building regs requirements haven't you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on a new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back