Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed for using hive dual channel receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there.
Please see attached image. I have a hive dual channel receiver and another control box next to it.
Could someone kindly advice me what the box on the right does please.
When I turn off the on/off button and manual button, the on/off button comes back on automatically after a while.
Do I need to have these both off in order to have the hot water off if I turn that off on the Hive receiver?
Apologies for the lack of knowledge and I hope someone can help.
Many thanks.
IMG_20190220_204947.jpg

what heating do you have / how many zones / do you have ufh?

Hi Shaun. Sorry forgot to mention I have a Vaillant boiler and a megaflo tank.
Yes we have underfloor heating, 3 zones in the loft, 3 zones in the 1st floor and 6 zones on the ground floor.
We also have radiators in 3 bedrooms but they are never on.

thats why hive only does one zone and hot water so your other receiver is your other zone

in theory if you turn the hive hot water off your hot water shouldnt come on / turn off

but depends whose wired it might be put on another zone

Thank you all for your reply's. Very helpful indeed. Yes, it seems that the Hive box is connected correctly and it controls the hot water and central heating. The other one is for the radiators where we also have a wireless controller to set heat/time for them although we dont use it at all as it an awful thing to try and use - nothing like these smart thermostats by Hive or Nest.
Anyways, again thank you all for your time and advice.

Thank you all for your reply's. Very helpful indeed. Yes, it seems that the Hive box is connected correctly and it controls the hot water and central heating. The other one is for the radiators where we also have a wireless controller to set heat/time for them although we dont use it at all as it an awful thing to try and use - nothing like these smart thermostats by Hive or Nest.
Anyways, again thank you all for your time and advice.
Glad that we could all help mate. If the other one is too confusing you can fit an extra zone to the hive.

Reply to Advice needed for using hive dual channel receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock