Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed for using hive dual channel receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there.
Please see attached image. I have a hive dual channel receiver and another control box next to it.
Could someone kindly advice me what the box on the right does please.
When I turn off the on/off button and manual button, the on/off button comes back on automatically after a while.
Do I need to have these both off in order to have the hot water off if I turn that off on the Hive receiver?
Apologies for the lack of knowledge and I hope someone can help.
Many thanks.
IMG_20190220_204947.jpg

what heating do you have / how many zones / do you have ufh?

Hi Shaun. Sorry forgot to mention I have a Vaillant boiler and a megaflo tank.
Yes we have underfloor heating, 3 zones in the loft, 3 zones in the 1st floor and 6 zones on the ground floor.
We also have radiators in 3 bedrooms but they are never on.

thats why hive only does one zone and hot water so your other receiver is your other zone

in theory if you turn the hive hot water off your hot water shouldnt come on / turn off

but depends whose wired it might be put on another zone

Thank you all for your reply's. Very helpful indeed. Yes, it seems that the Hive box is connected correctly and it controls the hot water and central heating. The other one is for the radiators where we also have a wireless controller to set heat/time for them although we dont use it at all as it an awful thing to try and use - nothing like these smart thermostats by Hive or Nest.
Anyways, again thank you all for your time and advice.

Thank you all for your reply's. Very helpful indeed. Yes, it seems that the Hive box is connected correctly and it controls the hot water and central heating. The other one is for the radiators where we also have a wireless controller to set heat/time for them although we dont use it at all as it an awful thing to try and use - nothing like these smart thermostats by Hive or Nest.
Anyways, again thank you all for your time and advice.
Glad that we could all help mate. If the other one is too confusing you can fit an extra zone to the hive.

Reply to Advice needed for using hive dual channel receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
I'm replacing my multi-zone Danfoss controllers with Hive, so far the downstairs Hive receiver is wired in and working well. I'm having a problem wiring in the Hive Single Channel receiver to replace a Danfoss TP 4000 for the upstairs zone. The TP 4000 is battery powered and has 2 connected...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i was looking for advice on what hive I need to buy. my daughter bought a new build house and she want to switch the existing thermostat control to a hive system. she has a logic system s15 boiler in her kitchen with is linked with a Siemens rwb27si timer under it. she has 2...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock