Search the forum,

Discuss advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
has anyone got any forms of advertising that works?

Local monthly magazines that get delivered to the door always worked quite well but the very best earner for me was the local church magazine. Never did any good from local papers and from 5000 leaflets I had 4 calls.

My last lot of leaflets I got about 10-15 jobs off (5000) a lot were services but I got 5 boiler changes from them so it more than paid for itself. I did a smaller drop in May and off that I got about 7-8 little jobs and hardly paid for them self but it got my name about a bit. I still get calls from both lots of flyers so they are still working. I've tried larger local papers they seem sh1te and expensive, the free advertisers are pretty good and fairly cheap £40 for 4 months doesn't bring in huge amounts but brings in the odd job and pays for it self in 1 job.

My last lot of leaflets I got about 10-15 jobs off (5000) a lot were services but I got 5 boiler changes from them so it more than paid for itself. I did a smaller drop in May and off that I got about 7-8 little jobs and hardly paid for them self but it got my name about a bit. I still get calls from both lots of flyers so they are still working. I've tried larger local papers they seem sh1te and expensive, the free advertisers are pretty good and fairly cheap £40 for 4 months doesn't bring in huge amounts but brings in the odd job and pays for it self in 1 job.

How long did it take you to deliver the cards? And, what company did you purchase them from

I got them from a lad my girlfriend knows £110.00 for 5000, I had them delivered in 5 days £70 per 1000 from another lad. The reasoning behind that is if I go around and deliver them and people see me doing that then they automatically think well he can't be that good as he is delivering leaflets. I did on the 1st lot of leaflets and I got 1 job off of it! So 2 days of walking around for £60!

We have a local delivered mag called on your doorstep. Just full of trades etc.

i had to pull out, as I got way too much work from it!

Ask the local newsagent how much to put the leaflets in the papers they deliver.....

I've never advertised.

I did a couple of free web things years ago but can't remember what.

Never leafleted, local papers.

The thing about leaflets is most people go more through the door and straight in the bin they go,

The thing about leaflets is most people go more through the door and straight in the bin they go,

That's what I thought. The last drop I did I estimated about 20-25k of work. They are nothing special though but they worked.
087a1a06fba79104ed453a5763b6e2f5.jpg

You should be able to do 1000 doors in 4 hours ish. But it depends on how fast you walk and the size of front gardens.

I did about 500 in 2.5 hours I thought I did more as my feet and legs were killing me. It was nice though as it was on really nice days.

You have to have a thick skin though as some people don't like it me included. Lol

I did about 500 in 2.5 hours I thought I did more as my feet and legs were killing me. It was nice though as it was on really nice days.

You have to have a thick skin though as some people don't like it me included. Lol

I am the same, I don't like posting leaflets as it makes me feel desperate. So I had my wife and mother in law drop 1k for me. I got 2 calls from that but no work. So told myself it's not worth it. When really, to make your business work, who gives .... what other people think.

The lad that does mine is always busy maybe that's the thing to be doing now if you reckon you can get through 1000 in 4 hours then £140 a day, out goings are minimum maybe £10 in fuel depending on how far you have to travel and about 2 p in electric to charge your mp3. I might change jobs! Lol.

I could never do more 100 an hour round my way. No chance. You have to be going some to deliver that many too.

250 an hour would be mental. They'd have to be terrace house with no front. 4-5 a minute so at least 1 every 15seconds. I reckon usain bolt would struggle with that.

It isnt about speed. Its about the right properties.

Flat front properties are the fastest, but if they are all social housing, its a complete waste of time. Better to drop 1/4 the number of leaflets in the more affluent owner-occupier area up the road. Sure, you may have to "waste" 10 secs opening the gate and walking up the path, but your potential from the drop is miles greater.

Couldn't agree more with Ray. I started off doing leaflet drops in Lincoln and the first thing I did was to find the areas with the highest house prices within 10 miles of Lincoln. Most of the properties we dropped leaflets at were detached houses with long drives, sometimes gated off properties. I was averaging about 100 houses an hour but got a few bathroom installations from them. My conversion rate was almost bang on 1 job for every 100 leaflets dropped.

I had them delivered in 5 days £70 per 1000

That is seriously pricey. Round here it's around £35 per 1000, which includes being able to track the delivery people on the company website. They audit to make sure the leaflets aren't just being dumped, offer you to go with the supervisor who checks the delivery rounds etc.

I dropped 2,500 in my area when I first started. Delivered them myself with wife and daughter helping. Got 15-20 jobs off that. Most of those customers are still with me, and they have recommended me to their friends and family so the impact is a lot bigger than you might think.

That is seriously pricey. Round here it's around £35 per 1000, which includes being able to track the delivery people on the company website. They audit to make sure the leaflets aren't just being dumped, offer you to go with the supervisor who checks the delivery rounds etc.

I dropped 2,500 in my area when I first started. Delivered them myself with wife and daughter helping. Got 15-20 jobs off that. Most of those customers are still with me, and they have recommended me to their friends and family so the impact is a lot bigger than you might think.

Down here they were all advertising £70. So I went for a bloke who works by himself and I will keep using him. He does the tracking thing as well. My way of looking is if he works for himself and he doesn't put them out and he just dumps them he gets no repeat business so it's in his interest to put it in areas that it works.

I don't mind paying £70 for him to do it as I wouldn't want somebody to say oh don't use that gas engineer he's quite pricey use this bloke he's half the price.

Just little advert on line and word of mouth seems to be doing me fine at the mo ,

just finishing a bathroom and start first fixing an extension next week and other numerous little bits .

I will jump on site tho end of febuary due to the fact i always go quiet for several weeks around april

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is being a plumbing lecture really as bad a job as some say. I am still keen to give it a go. See them advertised quiet abit. Has anyone done it before?
Replies
Views
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in height all interact. I found this very useful online calculator to assist. Do a google for "flow-rate-calculator" at copely dot com. It is a free...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock