Discuss Advertising- can you say what you want. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you write everything out on a pad/ piece of plasterboard/ cardboard like me then forget where you have put it?

I don't write anything down i walk in the merchants and state what i need as i plan the job in my head .Jobs in the past have been like 40 k just walk in and talk it through lol.
Oh i call it lengths not pipe or tube just state diameter

I don't advertise, my van is bare silver and i don't answer the phone and always tell cants in the pub i'm too busy (cos they want it for fek all) i but i manage to work 7 days a week (any excuse to get out the house).
I have a bit of an advantage tho where i have a (pretty loyal) customer base of around 1200 who should see me out until the day i stop the van on the Forth road bridge, get out and throw my tools over the edge then get promptly arrested. That has been my lifes ambition for about the last 20 years and i count down the days ;)

I don't advertise, my van is bare silver and i don't answer the phone and always tell cants in the pub i'm too busy (cos they want it for fek all) i but i manage to work 7 days a week (any excuse to get out the house).
I have a bit of an advantage tho where i have a (pretty loyal) customer base of around 1200 who should see me out until the day i stop the van on the Forth road bridge, get out and throw my tools over the edge then get promptly arrested. That has been my lifes ambition for about the last 20 years and i count down the days ;)

Will you think about throwing yourself off as well ?? :angelsad2:

I call it bundles of pipe. Always think wtf when i'm standing there behind someone asking for a lenght of pipe and 3 elbas and a tee

Never understood that either, saw it yesterday and I always wonder how people get by when they buy exactly what they think they need for a job. What happens when your idea doesn't go to plan and you need more fittings?!

I actually hate going into merchants and do 95% internet order (Williams etc), I know in my own head exactly what I want but can never get it across.

In Naylor Myres yesterday I can a total brain fart and couldn't explain I wanted 3 3x3 and 2 4x2 timbers. I just needed to see them and choose myself. Its awalys first thing in a morning and my brain is asleep and I come across a numpty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advertising- can you say what you want. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Use PlumbersForums.net to Advertise Your Plumbing-related Company Pretty much all of our services on the forum are free of charge to most...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock