Search the forum,

Discuss Adjustable spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant say i mind spending £26 for a baco wide jaw ergo that's gonna last me 20 years

Bahco for me.

At least when you are really stuck and need some more leverige, you can be assured that you can turn your 8" bahco shifter into a 48" shifter with a piece of steel pipe and know that it will work the same as an 8" shifter after the exercise.

Ye agree its bahco for me,but silverline do some good pipe grips

Ive got bahco and irwin also but i dont mind if i use silverline ones they are as good as rothys imo,still a slim jaw and only cheap

Hi Dpuller ive tried this one it comes nowhere near th bahco as the jaw slacken come time but its a decent enough shifter for a DIYer.

Not in the slightest the build quality of them is quite substantial. Being that ive tried both makes i just prefer bahco. The same way id have a porsche b4 a lada.

Each person has there preference at end of the day and the amtech shifter theres nothing wrong with it . Each to there own.

i use bahco myself but like others thats just my preference. Its down to the individual i suppose but i have heard the phrase,Am tech is short for Am teching them back tomorrow

No S &A, local builders merchants. Nice big stand of Ox tools. They just feel right.

Bought 600 box level. Counter monkey wanted £30 plus vat. Paid £20 ish inc!

bacho are still good, even tho they have dropped in quality slightly since they moved production and lowerd engineer standards they are still decent. Best option would be get some decent second hand ones from when they were med in sweden.

some other decent old spanners can be found on the bay, like king dix, gedore etc....

Poor Dick P banned again!

Never known a guy banned as much across so many forums.

I clocked him at about 9am. Thought id let it run its course again........

bacho are still good, even tho they have dropped in quality slightly since they moved production and lowerd engineer standards they are still decent. Best option would be get some decent second hand ones from when they were med in sweden.

I would have to agree, my new Bahcos are no where near the same quality as older ones

I've also used the Amtech ones. They have a slight wobble ,so are the slightestloose if you put serious leverage on them. When you scrape your knuckles you will be cursing the cheap spanner.

Bahcos all day long, had mine for ages and I wouldn't buy a different make if I lost mine tomorrow.

Bahcos all day long, had mine for ages and I wouldn't buy a different make if I lost mine tomorrow.

I would have said that, but lost my bahcos in the snow, bought a cheap pair from toolstation (bahco lookalike, but absolute pants) and these ox ones have really impressed so far. But time will tell.

I would have said that, but lost my bahcos in the snow, bought a cheap pair from toolstation (bahco lookalike, but absolute pants) and these ox ones have really impressed so far. But time will tell.

How did you lose them in the snow, what was you doing?

How did you lose them in the snow, what was you doing?

Climbing over stone walls and fences to get to a frozen oil line. Even went back once the snow had cleared but not there. I was devastated. Hadn't felt like that since leeds got relegated to the championship :(

Climbing over stone walls and fences to get to a frozen oil line. Even went back once the snow had cleared but not there. I was devastated. Hadn't felt like that since leeds got relegated to the championship :(

I would be gutted to, about the spanner not ' dirty' Leeds !! :grin:

i see that toolstation have started selling bahco ajdustables, not wide jaw though, maybe next catalogue. scrub that they have thin and wide on 6" and 8".

Plumbs did the same idiots! Best place is buck n hickman . Do mail order too. Dosnt ray sell them?

Hey,

Been reading though this thread, and the general consensus seems to go towards Bachos, and I'm inclined to get this as well. I'm just starting as an apprentice plumber, and I've been using the quality tools they have at my workplace, but thought it would be a good time to get upgrade my own inherited tools (from my uncles garage). As a general, I would want to get something decent, but at the same time I'm not with unlimited budget and there's a quite a few things that I want to pick up.

Do you recon I should just go for Bachos now (since it has good reviews) and just hold of on say a good pair of water pump pliers? (since it's less likely I will use at home at the moment).

Other way round sanji
I use my wp pliers a hell of a lot more than any adjustable.

The modern bachos arent all that hood anyway. Best off trying to find the old ones on a car boot.

Knipex cobras for the wp pliers :D

Im happy to spend a small fortune on bahcos as I know i will not have to again for many many years. I have 6", 8" and 10" and im confident they will still be working fine in 20 years. providing they havn't been lost or stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adjustable spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock