Discuss A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey derrick hows about you disconnect everything on the sc3 leg and cap off , then check the flammin meter and if it still moves get a shotgun out. lol

OR have you ballafixes on the drawoffs on SC3, you probably have already but turn them all off and see what happens.

OR have you ballafixes on the drawoffs on SC3, you probably have already but turn them all off and see what happens.

I have the ballafixes off on the WC and the HB, I got a gauge on the bath tap pipe, meter still moving, no drop in pressure (well there was, but not now) holding steady, got to wait till Monday for WB to look at meter, AGAIN

I have to say thats the first thing i would have done, cut the pipe and cap it off. All this umming and arring about what it might be is ridiculous, just disconnect it and start again.

Its new pipe, going to the bathroom, there is no leak that I can find, no wet bits, no puddles, the meter is still moving,:(

(unfortunately, the glass is broken, I think a bit of brick rubble may have fallen down there, someone left the cover up :confused: , werent any of you lot was it ? just to see the end of this thread )

... just to see the end of this thread )

Hehe - you're not the only one!!! Taking up far too much of my time this! Hope it's sorted soon. Perhaps you could print out all this stuff and give it to the WB?

Hehe - you're not the only one!!! Taking up far too much of my time this! Hope it's sorted soon. Perhaps you could print out all this stuff and give it to the WB?

I'm taking my laptop on Monday, and going to show him this lot, the worst thing is, he isnt a plumber, just an inspector, been doing it 30 odd years, and I am hoping he is going to advise me on this :confused:

Its new pipe, going to the bathroom, there is no leak that I can find, no wet bits, no puddles, the meter is still moving,:(

(unfortunately, the glass is broken, I think a bit of brick rubble may have fallen down there, someone left the cover up :confused: , werent any of you lot was it ? just to see the end of this thread )

I dont dispute its new pipework but why not cut it off at some piont after the s/c and before any branches and cap it off. Then check the meter, if it stops then its your pipework or fittings, connect them back up and see, and then maybe disconnect each branch one at a time, its a logical process of elimination.

I dont dispute its new pipework but why not cut it off at some piont after the s/c and before any branches and cap it off. Then check the meter, if it stops then its your pipework or fittings, connect them back up and see, and then maybe disconnect each branch one at a time, its a logical process of elimination.

;) I have tried all that, cant do anything now though (waiting on the bloke to arrive)

No puddles, no damp patches, no pinholes, gauge holding steady, SC 2 off, meter still moving or was before the glass got broken)

yeah, but when stopcock 1 is off the meter doesnt move. right? so doesnt that rule out the meter?

Sorry if already been asked lots to read

yeah, but when stopcock 1 is off the meter doesnt move. right? so doesnt that rule out the meter?

Sorry if already been asked lots to read

Thats right, get no water anywhere, ;)

I know there is far too much to read, thank god its a weekend;)

and this was just supposed to be a PJ, and lasting a couple of days at most, but everything you cxan think of has gone wrong (its Murphy's law gone mad)

so wont the WB guy look at the meter when stopcock 1 is shut and instantly rule out the meter? sorry to sound negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock