Discuss A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Thought of another one!

What leg is the heating filler loop sitting on? What pressure is the heating system at? Is the fill valve letting by and throwing water out the PRV?

Croppie's like a dog with a bone on this one! LOL. Good thunking though mate.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Thought of another one!

What leg is the heating filler loop sitting on? What pressure is the heating system at? Is the fill valve letting by and throwing water out the PRV?

sorry, that is fed from SC 2, the only bit that is a suspect leak is from SC 3

You know what it is now don't you Derrick! you're on the windup now lol

Fair one, I'd do the same!

You know what it is now don't you Derrick! you're on the windup now lol

Fair one, I'd do the same!

I wish I was,

The gauge has shown very little drop in pressure, the meter is still turning (AND I still cant get the sink finished)

The cold feed to the bath has a gauge fitted, the hand basin cold tap is off, the WC is on, and the cistern is full

could you put a dye in the cistern to see if its is passing? there wouldnt be any chance that the water is just drying up? no de-humidifiers or anything?:confused:

sounds like a nightmare

have you isolated the cold feed to the boiler with all the stopcocks open and then checked the meter for movement? with a water meter fitted the expantion in the dhw pipe could pin hole the plate hex, with out a mini expansion vessel fitted inthe cold feed pipe to take up the expation of the dhw it could leak mains water into the heating circuit exiting out of the prv or down the condensate,just isolate cold feed to check?? long shot i know but hey, were all trying with an headline like "a real brain teaser,its got me beat"

Hey derrick hows about you disconnect everything on the sc3 leg and cap off , then check the flammin meter and if it still moves get a shotgun out. lol

I have to say thats the first thing i would have done, cut the pipe and cap it off. All this umming and arring about what it might be is ridiculous, just disconnect it and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock