Discuss A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Derrick you can see all of the pipework from the meter to the services? There isnt anywhere that you cant see? Im just baffled how this is happening...there has to be a leak somewhere...and theres a lot of people on here who want to know where it is haha

So Derrick you can see all of the pipework from the meter to the services? There isnt anywhere that you cant see? Im just baffled how this is happening...there has to be a leak somewhere...and theres a lot of people on here who want to know where it is haha

Not quite from the meter, but from the main SC (no 1) in the house, and then from SC 2 which goes to the bathroom, just feeding the cold side of both the HB and bath, then the WC

here is an update :)

I got there and still cant put the kitchen sink in, this chippy hasnt cut the hole for the sink yet (his router died)

I went up in the bathroom expecting the worse, the pressure gauge had dropped .2 of a bar, not much at all, I thought, the meter was still turning though, but still slowly

So it hasnt got any better or any worse, but I cant understand why the meter is still turning and I have lost so little pressure

Bit of an anti climax, isnt it ?

Still no closer to solving this :(

Anti climax ain,t the word , i feel more deflated than watching 44" chest lol , at least you know for sure that you do not have a leak ! now you need to look at the incoming main or get the board out and show them it must be a dicky meter

Anti climax ain,t the word , i feel more deflated than watching 44" chest lol , at least you know for sure that you do not have a leak ! now you need to look at the incoming main or get the board out and show them it must be a dicky meter

I had the guy out before, he said the meter was fine (how he knows without having it dug up I dont know) he said it only moves when water flows, well it was still moving and I still had pressure (for over 24 hours, standing pressure) so something is wrong somewhere

Im sure i read somewhere that if some drunk youths walked by in the night and decided it would be funny to smash up the meter face (assuming its external) that the water board would replace the meter. wink wink.......

Im sure i read somewhere that if some drunk youths walked by in the night and decided it would be funny to smash up the meter face (assuming its external) that the water board would replace the meter. wink wink.......

That would only happen if the plumber left the cover up and they used something from all the rubble outside, though

I suppose I had better start leaving the cover down in case that happens :confused::confused::confused:

Don't think they have to be drunk.

I came across this thread a couple of days ago and wondered how long it would be before someone suggested changing the meter. I'm dontknowitall on purpose but I think you've done enough to try an eliminate all the other possibilities.

One other thought I had was to cut the house pipework as near the meter as you can and pop a stop end on the incoming mains (then check the meter then re-solder). I'm intrigued now as to what the answer is - hope you tell us after nine pages of this!!

Don't think they have to be drunk.

I came across this thread a couple of days ago and wondered how long it would be before someone suggested changing the meter. I'm dontknowitall on purpose but I think you've done enough to try an eliminate all the other possibilities.

One other thought I had was to cut the house pipework as near the meter as you can and pop a stop end on the incoming mains (then check the meter then re-solder). I'm intrigued now as to what the answer is - hope you tell us after nine pages of this!!

As much as I would like to, the poly is underground, from the meter until it comes up in the kitchen, then there is about 6 inches to the first SC

And you said with valve no.1 (main sc) closed the meter stops.......... which kinda negates stopends on the mdpe..... can't be the mixer hot tap letting back into the cold supply cos you're running a combi and what you would have there is a loop, which once it was up to pressure the meter would stop running........ no leaks, no major pressure drop........

hmmmmmmmmmmm............

Old Balvenie time methinks.......... and another day pondering someone elses problem rather than my own!

Oh. And thanks for all your messages about me handsome visage.

I love you all too.............

I Think............

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock